New Years Damage

New Years Damage

A Story by groupof5
"

Our heroes find themselves in the most treacherous of situations, a highschool dance.

"
"Remind me what we are doing here again?" Fabian asks his voice an angry whisper.
"I told you we are surrounded by humans here, it'll make it harder for them to track us, cover our scent." Phoenix explains "Besides...it's New Years..." There was a misty look in her neon blue eyes.
"And your sure Coral won't try to ditch us?"
"Well you should know that better than me shouldn't you?" Phoenix retorts. He gives her a deadpan stare. "Fine fine. I know neither of our 'hostages' will make a break for it, our scent is all over them and they have no way to protect themselves from the angels. Now relax! You're drawing attention to us."
Now, you must be wondering. Where am I during all this. Believe it or not I got locked in a supply closet overlooking the dance floor. And they'd put a muzzle on me. Me, the sweetest most adorable kitten on planet Earth.
One of them must have drugged my drink earlier, knocked me out long enough to leave me in here, with only a small window to watch the kids below. Students my age twist and grind against each other. Every time one gets close to my Mark I growl instinctively.
What's worse. It isn't even a sexy Silence of the Lambs style mask its a straight up dog muzzle purchased at the local PetSmart.
I knock my head against the plateglass rhythmically. It isn't fair.
Far below me I see Blaze shaking her hips and Fabian awkwardly wiggling his shoulders, completely off beat. Coral isn't far off, with a glass of shady look'n punch knodding her head and making eyes at the hotties. Mark is stranded in the middle of the dance floor, super dazed. He's supposed to be on some sort of medication isn't he, I ponder.
That's it. Screw this.
Closing my eyes and laying down some serious concentration, I pull a string wind towards me, pushing the window inwards and out of it's frame. Thankfully the gym below is dark and noisy enough for me to go unnoticed.
I crouch on the empty ledge, the floor must be a solid 30 meters down. So I make a plan.
Summoning a steady stream of air, I leap out the window and just f*****g shoot myself into the rafters. But the drugs are still in my system and my aim is off. A metal pipe in the ceiling slams into my abdominal knocking the wind out of me (lol) but catching my flailing body. The things we do for love.
Gripping the pipe like a slothy m**********r, I crane my neck around for the unmistakable sight of messy brown hair and a green tee. There he is. With that same confused slightly scared expression. Doing...side steps? And clapping? Oh god this ends now.
I release my hold from the pipe, plummeting to the crowd below. Twisting like a cat, I form an upward wind to counter the speed of my descent. I'm able to slow my descent enough so that when I fall on top of a tall hispanic kid, he's A-Ok.
Everyone stops and ogles at me for a second. Then they start clapping. I hop up and take several bows.
"Oh Christ!" I hear Fabian exclaim as I elbow my way into the crowd. I find my baby and tap in on the shoulder.
"Hey stranger." I smirk checking him over.
"Rippir!" He yelps, a tad relieved." I mean oh frick Rippir... I mean I'm not glad to see you I'm just glad to see someone I know."
I plant my hands on my hips flirtily, ""You really know how to make a guy feel special."
A groovy David Bowie ballad is gliding through the sweat permated air, the base is turned up so high it's like clay being shoved down our spines. The glam rock matches my black and purple sequined pants perfectly.
"I hate these things, they're so primal. A******s dry hump the girls until they get bored and beat the crap out of me in the parking lot." I wonder if he's been drinking.
"I won't let anyone hurt you from now on. I'll cut them into tint pieces and shove them back up their mothers c***s." I hiss in his ear.
He takes a few step back, "Why do you have to be so threatening all the time."
"Sorry for not filtering your Majesty. Tell me who you want me to be. I'll do it. I'll be anyone for you." My eyelids droop slightly.
"That's not-"
"God your beautiful."I murmur absent mindedly. Whatever they drugged me with must not have worn off yet, I feel oddly subdued.
" Stop."
"What?" I pout, trotting towards him.
He skips back again, "That."
"What?" I extend my hands towards him but he's out of my reach, just out of my reach.
"That! Acting like you want me so bad, like I'm such a prize."
I tilt my head, "But you are. Mark, I would move the skies for you."
"Stop! Stop acting like you actually care about me, you don't!"
"I can't!" I snap back at him. "But I'm trying my best." I fix my bangs hating feeling this vulnerable, I'm checking all the food they give me from now on. "Now c'mon casanova get that tight a*s over here let's dance."
"I can't." His hands are balled into fists they're shaking.
I approach him slowly, calmly, with my palms up so he doesn't run. Precious, skittish little thing.
I wrap my arm around his waist sliding my hand a safe distance above his crotch. "Then let me help you." I rock us back and forth. He's tense as a statue but doesn't try to break away for once. It's not as romantic and I want or as impersonal as he wants but it's something. We end up ignoring each others shortcomings and instead listen to the music. I have a brief moment of understanding. Neither of us have had this before, a highschool dance. Or many he's just terrified. Guess we'll never know.
Ten! Nine! Eight!
Fabian is staring at a kid with a nosebleed, red eyes glassed over.
Seven! Six! Five!
Coral has scurried into the hall with some boy.
Four! Three!
Blaze spots me for the first time and cuts through the crowd towards us panickedly.
Two! One! HAPPY NEW YEAR!"
I lean in for a kiss.
He peppersprays me square in the face.
I stumble back sputtering. It burns my eyes and nose and mouth. I fall to the sticky linoleum floor salavating everywhere, eyes watery as your mama's Kool-Aid.
My coughing morphs into laughing and I rasp out, "Oh Marky, always, keeping me, on my toes!"
Blaze has broken through the crowd.
He bolts towards the doors and I leap up off the floor, faster than he expects.
"No!" Blaze screams.
I sprint after him, covering the distance in no time.
"Mark!"
He turns quick enough to see me coming but not quick enough to do anything about it.
I crash into him and give him the biggest hug.
"Appynewyer." I murmur before passing out.


© 2016 groupof5


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
Added on January 1, 2016
Last Updated on January 1, 2016
Tags: Bittersweet shorts

Author

groupof5
groupof5

Toronto, Canada



About
We are five teenage girls working together on a story about half demons. We promise to post at least once a week or will leave a comment explaining otherwise. But we are super excited to share with yo.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by groupof5


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by groupof5


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by groupof5