Ascension Of A Queen

Ascension Of A Queen

A Story by groupof5
"

The mythology of the Queen of the Forest, as explained sometime in the past.

"

“So, remind me again why we’re headed to Oklahoma instead of I don’t know, across the f*****g ocean?” Blaze breaks the silence on one of our lunch stops. Coral is picking at one of the sad sandwich’s we snatched from our last stay, Fabian is staring out over the lake through the pines looking pensive and pissy. Mark is lying on the bench, trying to remember how to focus on anything besides a road and I’m adjusting my hair with a soft breeze.

I pause, hot-rods sticking out of my mouth, “Simon says, I’ve already told you, but if you were stunned by my Chinese arithmetic…”

She rolls her eyes. “If I listened to half the s**t that comes out of your mouth, I’d be twice as crazy.”

“Well rightie-o!” I hop up onto the picnic table, “Gather round troops, I have a tale to tell. Time you learned the full monty of the legend surrounding our dearest Queen.”

Mark gets a faraway look in his emerald eyes. “Fantasy novels are the best. Don’t you hate it when you run out of book and have to read the fan-made stories.”

Coral furrows her brow. “Fan-ma…dude you mean fanfiction?”

“W-what? No!” He blushes an inspiring shade of crimson. “That’s all those weird stories where they make random characters do it.”

Fabian raises an eyebrow, “Do-it?”

You know what I mean. That’s a completely different subgenre, I’m talking about the self-published online continuations-“

“It’s ok buddy. We don’t wanna know.” Blaze assures him.

“Ugh lay off will ya? He’ll be on tenterhooks all day.” I turn to him and stroke his hair sensually. “Don’t even sweat babe, I’m sure there are some quality self-published novels on the internet…”

 “You were about to blather on about something?” Fabeanie prompts.

“Course course, now open your earflaps.” I clear my throat, comb over my memories and launch into it. “The legend begins with the birth of the Earth’s strangest daughter. Offspring of the fair Artemis, chaste goddess of the hunt, and of an Ojibwa Shaman, she was never a stranger to the beauty and mystery of the wild. From a young age she demonstrated mystical powers far beyond that of any mortal. She was shunned by those in her tribe, for her preternatural grace and sway over nature. They called her an aberrant, a perversion.  Until one day, during the Sunrise Ceremony, she was cornered by a pack of young men. She was brutally violated, beaten and left for dead. But something happened that day, something no one could have predicted. The forest took her in, cocooned her battered, ravished body in the softest of ferns and sturdiest of vines. And that night she was reborn. As a creature more than mortal but less than God. More than dead but less than alive. More than evil but less than good. Trapped between the ethereal realm and her physical bonds, she became the Personification of the Intermediate, Defendant of the In-Between, Savior of the Crossbreeds, the Mongrels, the Hybrids, the B******s. Guardian of the Outcast, the Misfits, the Broken. Fast as a hare, ruthless as a fox and strong as a bear, with the power to heal with a touch, to entrance the soul, to beckon flora and fauna with a mere thought. She rules the lands mercilessly. They call her-”

“The Queen of the Forest.” Fabian concludes in a flat, bored tone.

I pounce on him, introducing his neck to the ground, “I WILL CASTRATE YOU RIGHT HERE AND NOW, JUST TEST ME LUPEI.”

He vanishes from beneath me along with my anger. I stand up brushing the dirt and needles off my glimmering fishscale pants, with a bemused grin. “Anyway yeah they call her that. Eheheheh, he's such a b***h, eh?” 

© 2016 groupof5


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I usually don't read stories. But my AC broke down so I had to smoke a little extra dope; figured I sit and read a story under those circumstances.

It was a story, nothing to crazy creative; creatures and god... blah blah blah

Oh but your dialogue... dawg that s**t is tight like a retarded virgin's wife.

I dig it, don't even have the shovel, but I still dig it.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 28, 2016
Last Updated on May 2, 2016
Tags: bittersweet

Author

groupof5
groupof5

Toronto, Canada



About
We are five teenage girls working together on a story about half demons. We promise to post at least once a week or will leave a comment explaining otherwise. But we are super excited to share with yo.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by groupof5


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by groupof5


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by groupof5