FNAF Fanfic: Lost in time

FNAF Fanfic: Lost in time

A Story by Foxy the fox
"

Rebecca saw it. She saw the murderer. Now she's back at freddy fazbears to help a nightguard who has ties to Freddy Fazbears, A magical place where fantasy and fun come to life.

"

Chapter 1

I walked down the barren, desolate wastelands that were once bursting with life, and felt a stab of sorrowful pain from deep within my chest. What had happened? What had gone wrong? Of course, I knew the answer to that. 1987. I didn't know what I was mad at. The man who killed the children? Or the whole year? I don't know.

The floor was covered with a thick layer of dust, except where my feet had touched. I looked at the once colorful paint, now peeling from not being updated. I looked in every room, each one holding another piece of my childhood. One room in particular caught my eye. The room which held three of the four animatronics. I walked over to them. These, I thought as I placed my hand on chica's matted feathers, These are home.

I smiled and took a deep breath in. Then I remembered why this place was shut down all those years ago. There were children in these. I slowly backed away. I felt a strange urge to talk to them, comfort them, let them know that it's okay. But it's not. The man who killed them is still out there, they have not been avenged, and they- at least, their physical bodies- are still stuck here in this place that, to them, is just a twisted house of horrors. Nothing was okay. I jumped off the stage and sat down at a table. I was so lost in thought that I didn't notice him until he was right in front of me.

Chapter 2

"Hey!" the boy yelled, and I shrieked out of surprise. "Hey! What are you doing?" I saw the ray of light escaping the small flashlight. It looked eerily like an eye… I shook the thought out of my head. "At the moment, sitting and having my thoughts interrupted." I said snarkily. I put on a tough appearance to hide the fact that I got scared and screamed like a little baby when I heard him. I crossed my arms and leaned against the table, mentally noting to wash my black half-jacket when I got home. " What's your name?" he asked. " Rebecca. You?" I said, doing my best to shake the feeling of being watched. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing on end. "Mike. You know, you shouldn't be here." He said matter-of-factly. Ugh. So he was one of the super annoying, rule following, you-shouldn't- do-that types of people. His brown hair fell in his face a bit. He was about my age. "Yeah. So?" I said. I stayed where I was, arms still crossed, still leaning against the filthy table. "So you should probably leave." he said forcefully. " Why?" I stood my ground. I wasn't about to let myself be pushed around. "Because-" just then the flashlight flickered, then went out completely. I thought I heard something like music, familiar to me but still foreign, the memory of the song just out of reach. I yanked out my keychain and turned on my mini flashlight for his sake. I could see fine, but his face was showing an expression of absolute terror. I shined it in his face to see that he was pale as snow. " Thanks." he said. His face settled into relief. "No problem. Now, are you going to finish chewing me out, or can I get some peace?" I said, my voice thick and oozing with sarcasm. "Well..." He he started. I looked at him. Just then,I noticed something. Or rather, lack of something. "Where's Freddy?" I interrupted. He heard me, though my voice was barely audible. He looked around urgently. I can admit it now, though I couldn't then: I was terrified. "Oh no." he whispered. "Come on." He grabbed me by the arm and sprinted to the night guard's office, dragging me behind him. He practically leapt through the door and finally let go of my now sore arm. He ran to the swivel seat, which had a small tablet-like device sitting on it. He picked it up and tapped the small screen urgently a few times."How did you…" He trailed off, leaving me to wonder what he saw on the screen. "What time is it?" he asked, his eyes still glued to the screen. I checked my watch for the time, and saw it was 5:45. I informed him. He muttered something under his breath that vaguely resembled the word alright, but I don't think he was listening. He was more caught up in whatever that screen had to offer. I wanted to walk over to him and see what was going on, but I held back. Even though this place was like home to me (I probably spent more time here than I did at home), it still didn't feel right. For a moment, his face showed concentration, then panic, then outright terror. He looked up at the room in dismay. "Get away from that-" He didn't get the chance to finish before the purple figure was lunging at me.

Chapter 3

Bonnie's mouth opened wide as the terrifying rabbit pinned me to the ground. I fought, knowing there was no way I would win. Just then, the thing was knocked off of me. I realized that my eyes were clenched tightly shut. I opened them to see Mike, breathing heavily, holding the fan that was previously on the table. Bonnie was lying on the floor across the room, making a strange and inhuman sound. I was scared out of my mind. I stared in horror at that thing, that beast that I used to love. I used to hug that thing. And now it was lying there, like a dog that had just been hit. An aggressive dog. I was frozen, and no matter how much I willed my limbs to move, they would not. I stared in shock at Bonnie, then made my neck look over at Mike. He was pale except for his cheeks, which were flushed pink. I watched as he grabbed a pipe that had been lying on the floor and hit the animatronic over and over again, chasing the thing out of the room, then slamming his fist down on the red square button marked "door". A large rectangular sheet slammed down, locking the animatronic out.

"You know, there's a rumor that someone opened up another Freddy's." He said conversationally when we both caught our breath. "Same animatronics and everything. But it's a diner, not a pizzeria."

"What can I say? People are stupid. They think just because a place got closed down, the horrible things that happened in that place are gone to, and they can just start anew and no one will react to the similarities. But we remember. We won't forget, we can't just forget." I didn't realize that tears were streaming down my face until I heard the cracking in my voice. I wiped my eyes dry. Mike was looking at me with concern. Like I was a victim. Like I deserved any pity. I could have saved them. I saw them leave and did nothing!! I saw them walking with him and did NOTHING! I DON'T DESERVE PITY! "Stop looking at me like that." I managed to choke out, sounding like my voice was acid, as my eyes watered up again. He flinched as if I had hit him. I softened my voice. "Please." I said weakly. I didn't want to remember. I had blocked them out for so long, but seeing these things move, it just brought it all back. It tore down every wall I had built to conceal it, to convince myself and everyone around me that I was okay, I was fine. I kept trying to wipe away the tears, but seconds later, they were always back. Just like that day. Just then, a clock dinged. It was slow and sad, like it just wanted to forget, just like me. I want to forget. But I can't. Mike let out a sigh. I stood up and looked at him in the eye.

"Thanks." I said softly. "And I'm sorry." I added. He looked confused.

"What? Sorry for what? You did nothing wrong, why would you-" I cut him off mid-sentence.

"I'm coming back tonight." I said. He looked at me like I was insane. I thought about the cries, the small moans of small children, ripped away from their loved ones. "I can't let that happen to you, too." I said, not clarifying what I meant. I walked out, Mike trailing behind me. I wanted out of that place, not wanting to think about what I was going to do that night. I just wanted out of that place. I wanted out now. This stuffy room combined with my shallow breathing from my thoughts were suffocating.

"No, don't. You shouldn't. You'll get hurt-" I interrupted him again.

"I won't listen to you." I said carefully, emphasising each syllable. "Nothing happening tonight can compare to last night."

 But as I was headed toward the door, something stopped me. I looked slowly over at the room beside me to find what was probably the scariest and saddest thing I had seen all night. Foxy. He was no longer behind the curtain, but sitting on the stage, his head hanging in a stance of defeat. I started to go again, eager to get away from the heart-wrenching scene, but before I could get away, his gaze met mine. Those eyes. Unforgiving and vengeful. I froze. I couldn't look away. He just stared at me, but no words were needed. He recognized me, though it had been four years. His eyes said every last syllable he wanted to say to me. You did this. You are to blame. You could've stopped him but you didn't. You just let him take me. YOU COULD'VE SAVED ME! I felt his grief, his hatred for me. I broke my gaze, and, although I didn't mean to, I said it aloud.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered. Foxy looked at me again, apparently hearing me. His eyes changed just then, seemed to grow a little grow a little more sensitive. I didn't notice until Mike had his hand on my shoulder.

"You comin'?" he said. I don't think he noticed foxy, or he thought it was normal, or he just didn't care.

"Yeah… hey, have you been here before?" I asked, realizing too late that I might be crossing a line. Apparently I wasn't,because he answered me automatically.

"Yeah." he said, like it was something to be ashamed of.

"Oh." I wanted to ask him more questions, but I was afraid of his answer to some of them. I went the rest of the way to the door in silence, but I could still felt foxy's eyes on me, those eyes that seemed to know my deepest secrets and fears.

Chapter 4

That night, as I said I was going to, I went back. Mike was already there, tapping on the screen for the cameras as he had last night. He barely looked up when I walked in the room, and his only words to me in that hour were "I told you not to come."

"Well, I don't follow orders." I said calmly. I walked out of the room after that hour.

"Where are you going?" He said.

"Out." I replied simply. I didn't need him to be following me. "Besides," I added, "You can see me on the cameras." and with that I left him with that shocked look on his face. If I were not in this situation, if I were just watching it on tv, I would have thought it was funny. Him left there with that ridiculous face. But what I was doing terrified me so much I couldn't even think, let alone smile or laugh. I walked slowly through the corridors that I knew, even though I couldn't imagine it, I once ran through these halls, chasing my friends… No, I thought to myself, Don't think about them. I walked a little faster. Then I heard a scream. I ran back to the office to find Mike in a corner, the camera held up protectively in front of his face.

"Mike, what happened?" I called as I came to a screeching halt in front of the room.

"The bear! The bear it was here!" he yelled hysterically. He was staring at me, eyes wide with fear.

"What bear? Freddy?" I asked, trying to get any useful information out of this squirming mass of thrashing limbs and screams.

"No! No, it was like him, but it was yellow! It wasn't Freddy!" he said. He was still frantic, but at least now what he was saying was intelligible.

"If I'm going to get any information out of you, I'm going to need you to not be screaming!" I said forcefully. He shut his mouth, but his eyes were still looking around frantically.
"Okay." He said after a few long moments. " there was a bear. It wasn't Freddy, though. It was yellow. And It wasn't like the other animatronics. It just sat there for a few moments. I freaked out and threw my camera up as sort of a desperate man's last hope, and he was gone when you took my camera down." He was a lot calmer now. I then assessed the situation at hand. There was a yellow bear(not Freddy) . It seemingly came out of nowhere. I looked at Mike in the corner. Then I looked around the room and around him.

"How did you…" I trailed off. I looked at the floor again. There was a giant mass of tangled wires, shards of metal, and knives of glass. I then looked at him, huddled behind it. There was no entrance, no way he could've gotten in.

"How did you get back there?" I finished. He seemed stunned for a moment, then he looked around and got a look of confusion on his face.

"I...I don't know." he said. He looked around at his wall of danger over and over again. Then I saw the blood. It started in the corner of my eye as a red glimmer, then I looked at it. It was everywhere. Across a trail of broken pieces, all the way to...

"Get up." I said cautiously. I watched him carefully. He winced in pain, and I knew what I would find when he turned over. He managed to flip onto his stomach and I received the bad news. His back was covered in deep cuts and bruises, some up to the length of my forearm. I suppressed the urge to run to the hall and vomit. I checked the time. 4:30. It was guaranteed that if he waited another hour and a half, he would pass out. Then I would be alone here. I would have to remember… I barely stopped the thought from forming fully.

" Alright..." I said, trying to think of a solution. "Umm… Alright. I'm coming over there." I said as I carefully navigated through the mess and to his side. I sat down and took a closer look at the wounds. There wasn't much skin left, and what was left was ripped to shreds. There was blood everywhere, and I could see the muscles clearly. I tried to find a piece of cloth to slow the bleeding. I ended up using my jacket. I wrapped it around his body carefully, making sure to make it tight. He moaned weakly, and I knew even covering the wound wouldn't keep him from passing out. I would have to survive this and keep him away from them, and judging by the look in bonnie's eyes when he attacked me, their bloodlust was strong, maybe stronger than my will to live. I grabbed the camera from beside him as he moaned again.

"What are you doing?"he asked. He tried to roll over to face me, but I gently pushed him back.

"Keeping us alive." I said simply. I figured out quickly how to use it and looked at foxy. He was sitting in almost the exact position I had seen him in last night, but instead of staring at the hallway, his gaze had shifted up to stare at the camera. I looked around at the other cameras, and I found something odd. A poster that used to be to be a picture of regular freddy now projected a picture of a golden bear head.

"Oh my-" I started, but I was cut off by a long, sorrowful moan. It wasn't an animatronic, and it couldn't have been Mike because he was passed out… but who else? I desperately scoured the cameras, searching for the source of the pathetic sound, and eventually I found it. He was scrawny and old, his clothes so torn that god couldn't even help them. But his eyes were the scariest part about him. They were a black silver, like dark steel. They seemed to sink into their sockets, as if the eyes themselves were afraid to come out. I looked at Mike, then at this curious looking man on the screen. I decided I would check it out later. After the dayguard got here. Yeah. I put the camera down… and that's when I saw the suit. It was just as Mike had described it. A yellow bear with nothing inside. Except I knew it wasn't just that. I tried to keep the beast of my past caged, but it escaped anyways, despite all of my efforts. Fredbear. The one who started the fear that would eventually come with the name Freddy Fazbear. His head lolled to the side, almost as if he were asleep. I stared into those eyes, filled with black pain, and suddenly nothing else mattered.  Not the time. Not the animatronics. Not staying alive. I'd be subject to torture, dead or alive. Relax, I thought, relax and for once just enjoy the ride. I was almost gone. I vaguely heard Freddy's music, but I didn't care. Then a very familiar line echoed through the air.

"We can't just forget." a deep voice that I could only assume was Fredbear said grimly.

Then my watch buzzed a very unpleasant sound. The little part of me that was still conscious yanked me back to reality.

"Time to wake up, sleepyhead." Mike said weakly. He must've woken up while I was distracted. I turned to face him. I then looked back at where Fredbear had been, but he was gone.

chapter 5

I got home at 7 a.m.  

"Where have you been?" My mom asked, or rather, demanded. I didn't want to tell her I was at Freddy's, 'cause that would just make her freak out.

"Just over at a friends." I said casually as I took off my bag and threw it in my room. It was true. Mike was a friend.

"For two nights? Without letting me know? You always let me know when you go to a friends house. So where were you really?" I hated mom's impeccable logic. I do always tell her, every time without fail. I saw no point in trying to convince her that I was over at a friends house.

"Fine. I was at Freddy's." I whispered, trying not to let my ten year old brother, whose friend was...taken in the incident, hear. Mom jumped up and grabbed my arm.

"What in the world were you doing there?" she demanded urgently. Her eyes had that look in them. That look that makes you think she caught you trying to commit suicide.

"I was helping the new guy." I said. I didn't want to tell her any more about what the animatronics have come to, or about what they did, or what happened to them…

"New guy?" she asked, a puzzled expression coming across her face.

"There was a new nightguard who didn't know what he had gotten himself into. I was helping him out."

"I don't want you going there anymore." She said sternly. Then I did something that, although I was 16, I had never done before.

"I don't care. I'm still going." I said stubbornly. My mom was taken off guard. I never, not once, told her no and actually meant it. I always listened. I was a good girl.

"What?" she said incredulously. Her eyebrows were arched upward. I got more confidence as the conversation unfolded.

"I said ' I don't care. I'm still going'" I said with attitude in my voice. She opened her mouth to say something, then shut it again. She didn't talk after that. I think she was surprised at my sudden insubordination. I ducked into my room and spent the rest of my time till midnight there. Then at 11:30, I got up, took my earbuds out, and got into my car. I sat for a minute, took deep breaths and thought about what I was doing. You could always turn back, a voice in my head told me. I jumped to my actions defense. Mike could get hurt! I shouted back. I turned the key in the ignition and started out for Freddy's.
chapter 6

"Hey. " I called as I headed in. I caught Mike just as he was opening the door. "You weren't planning on going in there alone, were you?" I raised my eyebrows questioningly.

"Yes, actually, I was." He shot back. He did not seem to be in the joking mood. I walked up to his side. "You need to stop doing that." He said.

"What?" I said back although I knew what he meant.

"Coming here. You know, you almost got in serious trouble with John." We got to where the animatronics were, and we both sped up.

"Who's John?" I asked. I shoved my hands in my pockets and looked at the ground as we sped past pirate cove.

"The day guard. He freaked out when he saw you here. My injuries just distracted him." He said, and then I remembered everything from last night.

"I saw the golden freddy. And I saw someone creeping around on the cameras. I was going to check him out, but I didn't want to leave you vulnerable." I told him.

"Really? Well, maybe he'll come back around tonight and we can check it out." he said hopefully. It was strange. It was like he wanted to be in danger.

"How's your back?" I asked him, and on his face I could see that the answer would not be good.

"Seven stitches. The doctor couldn't figure out if there would be any permanent damage on my nerves. My back was so screwed up he couldn't even tell." He said quietly. I saw then that he was a lot like me. He didn't want to be pitied. I tried not to feel too bad.

We practically ran to the office. Even though we knew that even there wasn't safe, it still made us feel safe to know where all the animatronics were. He scooped up the small screen and immediately began touching all the little camera buttons.

"Already?!" He exclaimed flipping through the cameras furiously. His taps got more frantic every time.

"What?" I asked, puzzled by his sudden anger. He didn't even look up to answer my question.

"Bonnie and Chica are both gone!" He said as he continued. I looked around frantically. Then he breathed a sigh of relief, and I calmed down enough to ask him a question.

"So, why do you come back?" I asked him.

"Because. Someone has to pay my college fees."He said. Just then I heard a hauntingly familiar sound. Freddy's deep laugh, followed by the sound of footsteps.

"You wanna come play with me, Freddy?" He asked the screen, or the noise, or both. I didn't know which was scarier. The way he said it, or the terrifying grin spread wide across his face.

chapter 7

"Why would you tempt him?" I asked only half joking.


"Because this time I came prepared with a few… Precautionary measures." And only then did I notice the long silver gym bag lying on the floor beside him.

"So what 'precautionary measures' are in the bag?" I asked him cautiously, fearing the answer.

"Oh, just a little something that will either shut down their systems, short their circuits, or burn this whole place to the ground. I don't know which one." He stared furiously at the screen, urging the animatronics to come anywhere near him.

Just then I wondered if he was medically crazy. Maybe being in this place had driven him insane… But how could I tell?

"Come and get me, buddy." He said, and I felt my gut tie itself into knots. I was sick to my stomach, and still, for some reason, I wanted it to happen. Mike looked up at the right door. His grin widened. He grabbed the silver bag, grabbed a small black rectangle out of it, walked over to the door and tapped lightly on the small "light" button. Freddy was standing menacingly. I shrieked a little, but Mike remained completely calm except his breathing, which he seemed to be having trouble with. He stood, his gaze locked on the adult sized animatronic bear. Freddy stood still for a moment, then took a step forward. Mike walked up to him, then jabbed the remote into him. Freddy's chest caved in, and Mike made a small whimpering sound as the metal hit his arm, which was now consumed in brown fur. He seemed to have to use immense effort to pull his arm out of Freddy's body. Freddy fell to the ground. So many feelings were swirling around in my head right then. I instinctively ran over to my childhood best friend. I looked up at Mike, then back at Freddy. Mike had a look of satisfaction on his face. I stood up and started to walk away… And screamed as a furry lightning fast paw shot out and grabbed hold of my ankle. Mike turned around almost instantly. His eyes went wide as he took in what was happening,and, once he processed it, threw himself on the animatronic hand and started trying to wrench Freddy's hand off of me. I don't think it helped that I was screaming and thrashing like a crazy person, but nevertheless the paw's grasp on me loosened, then came off completely. I fell to the ground, but Mike was still wrestling the bear. Then I remembered the remote. I snatched it up off the floor, ran over to Freddy, and shoved it into him. He went still once more. Mike threw the body off of him, got up, and dusted himself off.  He looked so disappointed. We hauled freddy's body out and slammed the door shut.

"So… What now?" Mike asked, defeat in his voice. That was a good question. I thought about how to answer.

"Survive." I said simply after some time of thinking. I then thought again of the man I saw the other night. I didn't want to walk out on Mike, but I needed to find out who he was. "Mike, I have to go." I said.

"What? Why?" He demanded, bewildered.

"Because. I need to find something. I will be back. You can see me on the cameras. You'll be fine." I said. And with that, I walked out the other door. I slowly scooted down the hall, being careful not to make too much noise. I looked around, trying to piece the fragmented pictures of the cameras into a working map of the place. Just then I heard a small sound, like someone was tip-toeing by. I whipped around to come face to face with him.

chapter 8

The man from the cameras was standing inches from my face. He was staring at me as if I was going to attack him at any moment. He acted like a wild animal. I held up my hands, a sign that I meant no harm. He seemed to understand, and he came a little closer to me. He started to say something.

"H-Hello." He said hesitantly. He held out his dirty hand. I shook it, then wiped my hand off on my pants.

"Hi. What's your name?" I asked him. I backed up because he was in my bubble.

"William." He said looking down. He seemed almost ashamed of the name. "You?" He seemed to talk perfectly fine, which surprised me considering the condition he was in.

"Rebecca." I said then asked the then added: " How long have you been here?" He looked around, not daring to meet my eyes.

"A long time." He muttered. He started staring behind me. I turned around to see what he was staring at, and, after a couple of seconds, I saw chica in the doorway. I looked back at William to see that he was not the slightest bit alarmed. "They hate you. You know that, right?" he whispered to me. "What did you do to them?" I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how to explain what I did to them to this strange man that I only just met. So I remained silent.

"Chica, leave." He said, almost as if he was her father. She seemed to linger for a moment, then slowly trudged away.

"How did you…?" I trailed off. I didn't know what to say. Hadn't he just saved my life? Shouldn't I be showing gratitude? And yet the only thing I could think was, how? I was so confused. Why did they listen to him?

"How did you do that?" I asked, still not quite believing what I had just witnessed.

"They trust me. They understand what I have done for them." He said. I then realized that he must have been here a very long time. Long enough to establish rules for the animatronics and show that he meant to enforce them. I started actually examining William for the first time since I first saw him on the camera. I couldn't see everything about him on the camera. I either couldn't see or hadn't noticed the scars on all of his joints. His elbows, wrists, fingers, and curiously, one on each side of his neck. They were crescent moon shaped, as if someone had taken a potato peeler and stabbed him with it.

"What exactly have you done for them?" I asked, a hint of sarcasm starting to creep into my voice.

"I gave them a purpose." He said. A shiver ran through I wondered what that 'purpose' was, but I didn't ask. I wasn't sure I wanted to know.

"Are they all like that?" I asked instead. William looked at me square in the eye, then looked away again. He strode over to the wall, which was invisible behind the mass of children's drawings. He pulled one off and held it in his bony fingers.

"No." He didn't dare meet my eyes, just kept his eyes on the drawing.

"Which ones don't? I mean, I knew Chica did, so she was out of the question but…

"Foxy." He said quietly. "He's the only one. Something in his programming makes him… different." there was a crackling sound as the picture that William was holding was shaped into a ball in his closed fist.

"How so?" I wondered aloud. I had always known that there was something different about Foxy. I had always had a strange connection. With him.

"I don't know. I've tried to figure him out, but something's wrong with him." he explained. It seemed to trouble him, this small detail. He started to crush the drawing in his hands. There was a small ripping sound, quick but not unnoticeable. He watched as the halves of the paper floated to the ground.

"What exactly have you done for them?" I asked, a int of sarcasm starting to creep into my voice. I didn't know what to say, so I just sat in silence. We stayed like that for a while until we heard a crash from deep within the restaurant. I was on my feet running in a split second. So many questions were racing through my head. What was that? Was I imagining that it came from the direction of the office? And most importantly, was Mike okay? I sped up, though I wasn't sure if I wanted to see what had happened. I got back to the office. The door I got to was shut tight. I sprinted to the other side, hoping to god that it was open. Oh, please let it be open. I thought pleadingly. To my dismay, it wasn't. My mind automatically jumped to the worst scenario. He was dead. I threw myself against the door, banging my fists against it until it hurt. I slid to the ground into a baby position.


© 2017 Foxy the fox


Author's Note

Foxy the fox
UNFINISHED

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this story! Great job!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Where fantasy and fun "COME TO LIFE"...
And try to stuff you into a suit at night
Y'all just got rekt XD

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 27, 2017
Last Updated on November 27, 2017
Tags: Five nights at freddy's, fnaf