The Ghost of Chestshire

The Ghost of Chestshire

A Poem by Frank Terino

O bent skies, imbedd'd with wond'r! Where eyes-
Where smiles touch hues! O hopeful- O wisemen wond'r-
Where sorrow lies! In captivity my life once flew!
O time, the wise, the dying- If only man knew!
 
Answer: true freedom

© 2009 Frank Terino


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes.. freedom to spread your wings and fly...unto unknown place.. and never to come back...! if only man knew.. love it.. amazing

Posted 14 Years Ago


I am in love with your first line+ "O bent skies, embed'd with wond'r! Where eyes-/Where smiles touch hues." WOW it feels good to the mind (both rhythm and meaning)
The exhuberance is releasing to read because it is not cliche, because it is not fusty, but fresh.
Echoing other reviewers, I'll be looking for more of your postings...

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's refreshing to see thoughtful poetry that uses the English language well, as opposed to all the cliche sentimental garbage the proliferates the cafe these days. Write on.

As I'm a short story writer, would love to see some of your stories. Do post them.

Eric

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is an awesome piece. Love the words used.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Lovely language, you can expand this. You'll like some of my ghost poetry...

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very nicely written. Enjoyed very much.

Blessings,
Lesa

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

True freedom is found by quest for such..........sorrow must be left behind, lies taken for what they are....lies, and reckoned with to become truth.
Seek and ye shall find, for it is truth that will set you free.
A thought provoking write!
Sheila

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah yes! That which only those who are deprived of truly know its worth. Well penned, my friend.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Intelligent, lofty words. It is a pleasure to read a piece of this caliber. Welcome to the cafe; I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Profound, well written in a structure sort of way, little words with heavy meaning. Excellent work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

509 Views
13 Reviews
Added on January 4, 2009
Last Updated on January 9, 2009

Author

Frank Terino
Frank Terino

About
Most of my time is devoted to family and work. I enjoy writing prose and short stories as a hobby. more..