Haunted

Haunted

A Poem by Fransivan Writes
"

Beloved, I'm the one you left behind. And here is one of the million things I've written in loving memory of our love.

"
Haunted
Fransivan MacKenzie
You gave birth to myriads of questions when you let our love die. Or so that's what you think you did. Your country western boots crushing autumn leaves. The taste of October and November fighting over their grasp on the breeze. Your exile was as quiet as a whisper in the wind. Little did you know, I had my way of turning skeletons into seeds. 
You let our past rest in a cemetery you never had the strength to visit. Meanwhile, I grew Cornelia flowers over each unmarked grave and watered them everyday. In loving memory of you, of us. I turned your wasteland into a picturesque landscape.
Your gravesite, my garden.
Your wordless goodbye, my longest eulogy.
I could make anything out of something deemed unworthy. But none of these things could make you love me, still, even after eight years.

© 2020 Fransivan Writes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Most of the poem seems an effort to show independence or indifference, but the last line seems also to show a hint of regret. Some wounds take longer to heal than others.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fransivan Writes

3 Years Ago

Thank you for your feedback! It's very helpful!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
1 Review
Added on November 7, 2020
Last Updated on November 7, 2020
Tags: longing, nostalgia, death, depression, grief, loss, love, friendship, goodbye, sadness, sad poems, poetry, prose, love letter

Author

Fransivan Writes
Fransivan Writes

About
Fransivan MacKenzie is a tiger princess who swallows words for a living. Just kidding! F. MacKenzie is a poet, a storyteller, and an aspiring novelist who has been playing the games of rhymes and dead.. more..

Writing