Interpretation On Death

Interpretation On Death

A Poem by Celie Rose
"

A final resting place.

"
Interpretation Of Death


Speaking from a medical point of view,
death is an irreversible cessation; involving you.
The end of all biological functions that sustain life.
Despite the hope of an afterlife. 
What happens at death, we truly don't know?
But, what of the soul? Where does it go?
The fear of this unknown, causes us much woe.

Furthermore, the living know that they will die.
This fact is always on their minds.
On the contrary, the dead are conscious of nothing at all.
There is neither work, nor planning, nor knowledge, 
or wisdom in the grave. It is the final resting place. 

Moreover, death is the opposite of life and seems contrite. 
We are a living soul. The soul is what makes you, you!
So why are we here? Is it just to live for a short while
then go back to the ground? That doesn't make sense, 
really sounds profound.

In the beginning, the original purpose for mankind 
was a loving plan.
Man would live in perfect peace and harmony in
all of the lands. 

Subdue the earth and take care of it; not misuse 
and destroy it.
There would be no sickness or death. 
Mankind would live forever; without regret.
Unfortunately, man did not listen, 
ushering sin into the world.
Death through sin spread to all inhabitants.
 
Moreover, being dead, done, and erased from
our earthly place is taunting. 
A part of life we are not wanting.
The wages of sin is death.

Death is the penalty we all pay for 
the privilege of life.
Sin leads to death in retrospect, 
and it is what we must expect.

Death is natural and is an unstoppable process,
we all go through. Death is made manifest.
Eventually, the body begins to break down. 
Not much time left to be around.

We get sick, grow old and finally die and, 
from this, no one can escape or hide.
Our thoughts do cease, and we are returned to the 
ground; from where we came from.
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Death is a release from pain and suffering.

© 2023 Celie Rose


Author's Note

Celie Rose
Please read my prose poem. I am open to comments and reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so true, so logical and bluntly said. Mind's churning after one read.. need another.

Feeling the same, living now, death due, others gone and free of pain, how death is seen, felt, endured.
Your words have a near cold tone, almost too factual, no apologies made. I think that is understandable, perhaps we all need to accept that and somehow attain personal emotional armour - if can.
Trouble is I've known too many deaths this way or another.. know only too well that one needs accept early in life that sickness, accident and old age creates death but we all probably grieve knowing that death has occurred. Yes, occured.. Accept it however the emotion felt. You have in fact, in the early hours that once has to learn, somehow, what death means to some who perhaps has analysized th power of death 0 to 10 and offered this finely written post with conviction.

'Death is the penalty we all pay for
the privilege of life.'

Posted 7 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Absolutely captivating. An almost harsh view on death, yet honest and accepting. It definitely requires multiple reads to truly comprehend.

Posted 6 Months Ago


Well, let's say for a moment, we've been crafted by some higher intelligence, a divine being of sorts, using a piece of its own being to give us fragments of that spark.. Those fragments we call 'soul'

What happens when our corpses lose their animation and the spark leaves...
I'm guessing it returns to its place of origin, losing the illusion of 'individuality' losing the 'ego' and thus cease to be that person others have known in life.. Or this miserable existence we call 'life'

Like rain over an ocean.. That's what life is like..
Life happens while we are falling, in those brief moments, you can tell the drops apart... 'death' happens on impact.. Once in the ocean, there are no more individual drops, only water... But nobody is 'lost'.. Only stripped of the illusions.

I don't know if this is really so, hell, nobody does, but I'd like to think so.
Cheers.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so true, so logical and bluntly said. Mind's churning after one read.. need another.

Feeling the same, living now, death due, others gone and free of pain, how death is seen, felt, endured.
Your words have a near cold tone, almost too factual, no apologies made. I think that is understandable, perhaps we all need to accept that and somehow attain personal emotional armour - if can.
Trouble is I've known too many deaths this way or another.. know only too well that one needs accept early in life that sickness, accident and old age creates death but we all probably grieve knowing that death has occurred. Yes, occured.. Accept it however the emotion felt. You have in fact, in the early hours that once has to learn, somehow, what death means to some who perhaps has analysized th power of death 0 to 10 and offered this finely written post with conviction.

'Death is the penalty we all pay for
the privilege of life.'

Posted 7 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing! I loved the different views on death and how the poem flows together.

Posted 7 Months Ago


Death is born, life is an illusion, because we breath and being conscious. I am not here, because I am willing to be here. Great poem.

Posted 7 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 26, 2023
Last Updated on September 7, 2023
Tags: nothingness

Author

Celie Rose
Celie Rose

Syracuse, NY



About
I am Celie Rose. I am a novice writer. My reason for being here is to learn. I want to write poetry, short stories, and, eventually, novels and screenplays. Put my ideas down in writing and be creativ.. more..

Writing