Absurdity Ascendant

Absurdity Ascendant

A Story by Freyaday
"

Words fail

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Absurdity Ascendant.



 

            So I woke up. Not because it was that time of day or anything, but because a girl landed on me. How she landed on me, given that I sleep in a bunk, beats me. Beats me over the head with a girl, apparently.

            “Hi!” Lady Mysterious cheerfully greeted me, before wrapping her arms around me. She buried her face in my chest for a second, and then looked up at me with the most serious expression I’ve ever seen. “Hang on. Things are gonna get weird.”

            “What”

~FZHOOT~

            I woke up. Again.

            “What. Is. Going. On.” I looked left, and saw the periods in between my words. I was proud I had placed so much emphasis on each word. Wait, what?

            Lady Mystery looked left in the same manner I had, and noticed that I was calling her Lady Mystery in my internal monologue. “Whoops! I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce myself!” she rolled off of me, and sat up. I did so too. Minus the rolling. “I’m Harold!” I looked up at the title, “Absurdity Ascendant.” Hoo boy. It’s gonna get worse, isn’t it? “Yup!”

            “Harold, quit looking at my internal monologue!”

            “But it’s right there!”

            I sighed. “I’m Karen.” I extended my hand. Harold grabbed it, and pulled me into a hug.

            “Hi Karen!”

            I barely managed, what with my face pressed against her and all, to eke out, “It’s gonna get worse, isn’t it?”

            Harold chuckled. “You repeat that like it’s a bad thing.”

            “That was the worst snowclone I have ever heard in my life.”

            “You’re welcome!” I sighed at Harold’s response, and would have laid my head on the keyboard if I were the one typing this. Harold stood up, dragging me along with her. She ran off, hand still clenched on my arm. I followed her, preferring to keep my shoulder in my socket. Trust me, it’s a lot more fun that way. And then, explosions. I am not making this up. That Freyaday person is.

            Harold and I get knocked off our feet, and separate as we roll down a hill. I can’t hear, and my eyesight’s blurry, and I hate this sentence and wish it had never been typed.  I tried to stand up, but my body told me no. I thought about looking right to see what was going to happen next, but realized that would just lead to me looking at a description of me looking at a description of me looking at a descript�"ARGH! Instead, I cursed the author of this thing.

            “Curse you Freyaday!” see? Just like that. I don’t know why I pointed that out.

© 2011 Freyaday


Author's Note

Freyaday
Not done yet.



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

17 Views
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011
Tags: absurd, absurdity, ascendant, absurdist, fourth, wal, fourth wall, no fourth wall, breaking the fourth wall, broken fourth wall, karen, harold

Author