Welcome to Fairview (Part 1)

Welcome to Fairview (Part 1)

A Story by FrozenPhoenix
"

On the way to a promotion ceremony, local highway patrol officer Connor Davidson's patrol car breaks down. Due to unfortunate circumstances, he ends up with one choice. Journey into Fairview

"
Lightning strikes nearby as the lone car drives down the highway. It's a highway patrol car on the way to a promotion ceremony. Connor sighs at how dreary the day had become, on the way to his own promotion, due to the horrible storm. Just as he thinks his day couldn't get any worse, the car dies. Damn, Connor thinks to himself, What the hell else is going to go wrong. Connor gets out of the patrol car and walks to the front, popping the hood. Thanks to the charred smell and obvious singeing of wires, he can tell the battery is burned out. Disconnecting it he lays it on the ground and pulls out his phone, no signal. As Connor gets frustrated at his lack of service, a man rushes past, pushing Connor to the ground in a minor daze. Before he can react, Connor hears the hood slam shut as the guy is hopping into the patrol car. Connor gets up and yells just as the man drives away with his car.
"Damn, the hell am I supposed to do now... And where the hell did he even come from!" Connor looks around for a bit before noticing a trail leading into the forest. Deciding it was his best option, Connor follows the trail into the woods. With no light to speak of, except the dim light from his phone, wandering down this path was no easy feat. Soon up ahead, though, A light post with a sign beneath it appears. As Connor approaches he makes out the words. "Welcome To Fairview" in big bold letters. Something else is written beneath it in what appears to be blood. "Don't let them see you!" Odd, ominous messages aside, Connor's mood improves knowing there is a town nearby. He looks up into the light post and sees himself in the very reflective glass. 
As Connor watches the glass, he feels, uneasy. He looks away and shakes his head, must just be the caffeine. He follows the lights, the sense of foreboding growing with every step. He looks up into the lamp post again. But this time, the reflection is smiling. Connor tilts his head in confusion, but his reflection doesn't. Instead, the reflection looks down to his hip, where Connor's revolver resides. Drawing it, the reflection points it directly at Connor. Upon firing, the lamp post shatters, spraying glass shards onto the ground. Connor's leg starts to feel warm. He draws his revolver and checks it, noticing that one of the rounds has been fired. What the hell is going on here? Connor thinks to himself. Still confused, he decides to jog down the path. Slowly, but surely, buildings start to roll into view. But something feels off.
All the buildings, all the cars, everything in sight. All windows and mirrors have been shattered.

© 2022 FrozenPhoenix


Author's Note

FrozenPhoenix
This is a story I wrote long ago. I'm posting it here to get some feedback and maybe get to finishing it. This is only part one!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on January 29, 2022
Last Updated on January 29, 2022
Tags: Mystery, Horror

Author

FrozenPhoenix
FrozenPhoenix

Siloam Springs, AR



About
Just a random dude writing (likely terrible) stories. more..