What Do You Fear?

What Do You Fear?

A Story by Katie L
"

Philophobia, the fear of falling in love.

"
 

What Do You Fear?


      Fear. An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. This emotion can rule your lives, tearing it apart and preventing you from living. Few things are stronger than fear.

     What are you afraid of?


*-*-*


      Imagine feeling every negative emotion, at every moment of your entire life, from the moment you were born until the moment you die. Fear, hatred, betrayal, anger, sadness, longing, emptiness and so many more. Then unexpectedly someone enters your life who radiates goodness and comfort.

      What would you do?


*-*-*


      I am sixteen years old. I should have been this way. Everyone claims that all of the children like me have felt the darkness their whole lives. How would they know?

      The first time I felt agony, suffering and pain was when I was two years old. Can you fathom the amount of emotion that can be built up over two years? Not that much you'd think. Well you'd think wrong.

      When those pent up were let loose, they ripped my mind apart, separating happy from sad, sorrow from joy, positive from negative. For the rest of my life I would rely in the happiness of others, like a parasite. I could no longer feel anything but the evil inside me, the emptiness caused by a life without joy, without light, without love.

      Then she appeared.


      I met her the day I returned home for the first time in fourteen years. There was something about her that drew my gaze, making it hard to look away. She seemed to glow with something completely foreign to me: kindness. I was pulled toward her while at the same time repulsed by that aura. It frightened me, something not uncommon in my life, but this fear was different. This fear made me want to run and hide because it was so wrong. This fear scared me. I had never felt this way and it wmade me angry, and sad, and so many other emotions that had dictated my life since that fateful day. I could the feel the barriers in my mind begin to crumble in confusion, barriers I had put up to keep out the love and goodness I could no longer experience. I could not allow that. I could not handle that, and to I shut that part of me away where it could never be found, hidden behind a door of resentment and anger, but most of all, of fear. Fear of her love, and what it could do to me.




      What do you fear?

© 2012 Katie L


Author's Note

Katie L
This is the story i finally typed up for the second group prompt and i went with the one: Philophobia, the fear of falling in love, in case you hadn't gathered.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought that it was really good, except I am not sure who the view point is from.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Katie L

11 Years Ago

Well seeing as I usually write about Cerulean Blaze characters and there really is only one of them.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
M&M
Wow. Actually I thought it was a really great story. It kinda made you feel bad for the guy but at the same time you wanted to know what would happen next.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 14, 2012

Author

Katie L
Katie L

NoStalkerVille, ID



About
I am me... Thats all you need to know more..

Writing
Elementals Elementals

A Story by Katie L