Eternally Evil - Friends Turned Enemies I

Eternally Evil - Friends Turned Enemies I

A Story by Brandon M. Whittaker
"

Another installment of the "Eternally Evil" series.

"

Fyrethil sat on a large rock, cross legged, his eyes closed and his hands resting gently on his knees.  He knew that he was coming, Gorta would be here any moment to try and talk him out of his way, to turn him back into the Fyrethil he was before.  It wasn't going to happen, Gorta would have two choices.  Give up and leave him be...or die.

The sound of leaved crunching beneath the feet of a traveler signaled his old friend's arrival.  Fyrethil knew what Gorta was going to say even before he opened his mouth to speak at all.

"If you are here to try and talk some 'sense' into me...you have made a grave mistake, Gorta.  You will not 'save' me from this evil.  Succumbing to this sickness was my choice, and mine alone.  You have two choices, old friend, either give up and leave me alone, or you will die."

"I cannot do that, Fyrethil, you've already killed your elder brother.  I will not let you take anymore lives.  Come back...become the phoenix you once were.  Return to your old ways...you used to love life, and would always hesitate to take it, no matter who you were fighting."

"Yes, I used to...that would be the key word in everything you just said, Gorta.  I am not that phoenix any longer, and nor will I ever be."

He stood up as quick as anyone would expect him to.  His movement was not even seen as he twirled and landed a punch to Gorta's chest, sending him flying backward into another large rock.

"You should not have come here."  He said, his voice seeming to overlap itself as if he were two existances at once.  His voice had grown deeper and had more of a sadistic tone to it.  "Since you chose the latter over the former, your death will be granted.  And I will not hesitate to kill you."

There was an energy explosion from the rubble of the rock that Gorta had hit, and in the next instant, the siren's fist had contacted with Fyre's head.  Yet, it did not budge the elder phoenix, Fyre hadn't even flinched.

"You are a fool."  Fyre's hand came up and grasped Gorta's neck tightly, and then he squeezed.  His fingers dug into the skin and finally penetrated crushing the siren's wind pipe and killing him instantly.

"So pathetic, Gorta...you could never beat me, even if you were in a mad rage..."

Without a second thought, Fyre walked away, leaving Gorta's crumpled body laying in the dirt.

© 2008 Brandon M. Whittaker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 11, 2008

Author

Brandon M. Whittaker
Brandon M. Whittaker

Las Vegas, NV



About
Writer (unpublished) for 20 years on and off. I write fantasy and science fiction. I used to write a lot of poetry but I've moved away from that kind of writing. Hope you enjoy what you read! more..

Writing