Eternally Evil - Hyleena

Eternally Evil - Hyleena

A Story by Brandon M. Whittaker
"

Another installment of "Eternally Evil"

"

Betrayal....you will be betrayed...by one you love...by one you are close to...by one that you thought you could trust with your life.

Veylenda's voice rang in Fyre's head, the sheer look of utter pain and anger on his face deepened as the words came back to him.  That betrayal that she'd spoken of was to happen in a few days time...not even that long...

In truth, Fyre knew it was the gods who'd betrayed him by slapping him with this destiny.  He didn't want to end the Shethekan race...he didn't want to fight them any longer.  He would only do what was necessary, not what the gods wanted.  An action had to be taken.

I won't allow them to haunt me any further...  he thought menacingly to himself.

He sat at a bar and slowly, his hand reached down to the dagger at his side.  Slowly, he unsheathed it and pressed the edge of the blade to his wrist.  "The gods...will pay..."  he hissed and slid the blade through the skin of his forearm, spilling his flaming blood onto the counter top.  Without hesitation, he slid it through the other wrist as well, and his head hit the counter, and he lay there in brief dormancy.

In a burst of flames, Fyrethil appeared before the high court of the gods, a murderous look on his face as he looked up at Veylenda at the head of the court.

"Fyrethil...what a surprise...and a pleasant one might I add," she said to him in genuine cheer.

"Stuff it, Veylenda..." he hissed, his lips dripping venom with every syllable.  "I don't want to hear your voice any longer...I don't want any part of this destiny...this...hellish quest that you've put before me...I don't want it...I never have..."

"You have no---"

"CHOICE!?"  he interrupted.  "I am my OWN being...I do not bow to you...I do not exist just to do your bidding..."  Pure poison now dripped from his lips as his flame began to rise around him, but it was not the normal sapphire flame that would usually appear.  This flame was black, pure black.  His eyes were changing as it surrounded him in a vortex of heat and flame.  They changed from their brilliant sapphire to a deep black, his wings changing to all black.

"I will not let you govern my life any longer..."  His voice was now a whisper as the flame died away and he stood there with new dark armor and with his new dark appearance.  "I remove all of you...of your powers..."

The only thing Veylenda had time to do was widen her eyes before Fyre's flame burst from him once again.  Spreading and destroying everything in the area around him until it began to engulf the edge of the table that the high court sat at.

Within the first ten seconds, it wiped out the first six court members and after fifteen seconds it had wiped out all but Veylenda.  It was at this point that Fyrethil stopped and disappeared, reappearing with his arms around Veylenda from behind.

"And you...will never dictate my destiny...again..."  he hissed in her ear before twisting her head sideways, snapping it and leaving her lying motionless on the floor of the courtroom.

He did not stay long before disappearing from the heavans.


Fyre's eyes slowly opened, still a deep black and the anger still swelling in his heart.  The change had happened in the physical world as well as the heavans.  "I won't do it...anymore..."  he whispered to himself, a single tear falling from his eye, yet there was no regret inflicting him.

"This has been one betrayal too many..."

Before thinking or acting any further, Fyre stood up from the barstool and left the bar.  But he wasn't done yet.  No.  As he walked away, he lifted his hand and snapped his fingers.  In an instant, the bar exploded, erupting in black flame, engulfing everyone and everything that resided inside of it.

Such pathetic scum...  He thought menacingly to himself.

Then a smile.

And a step backward.

These two actions were lagitimate, for just in front of him, an explosion erupted.  It was a burst that would have knocked anyone else off their feet, seding them flying at least fifty feet backwards.

"It's about time...I was beginning wonder if you'd even bother this time...Hyleena..."

The High Goddess slowly floated down to land on her feet, her pearly white wings seeming to glow in the sunlight.  "Fyrethil Fyrexetha...Chrondelothas God of the Higher Tier...you have committed a terrible sin."  The Goddess approached Fyre and looked up at him.  She stood a full foot shorter than he, and her brilliantly deep blue eyes looked right into his ebony orbs.  "By annihilating the High Court of Phoenician Gods..."

Fyrethil threw his head back and laughed at her words, shaking his head and folding his arms across his chest.  "Please...do you think I'd really stand for letting someone rule my life?  Tell me what I'm supposed to do and threaten my dignity and family if I didn't do it?"

Hyleena sighed and shook her head, her long silver hair swaying with the combined force of the movement and the small breeze that passed over the field they stood in.  "There was a time once when you would gladly give your normal life for the gods...I'm looking at a phoenix who would once throw away anything just to obey the gods."

Fyre held up a hand to stop her from speaking any further than she already had gone.  "That phoenix you speak of is gone...consumed by what you see before you.  That phoenix existed thinking not of a family, but of a boring life dedicated to serving the GODS.  I had a family...a beautiful wife and four children...four gorgeous children...but they threatened that...threatened to take it away from me if I didn't obey their commands.  I am NOT going to leave my family in danger of annihilation...by gods who are too lazy to end things themselves."

Hyleena's expression grew dark then, and suddenly her flame erupted from her.  It engulfed Fyre completely, passing over and through his entire body.  Hyleena smirked, not even bothering to draw her blade.  But when a chuckle broke through the flames and reached her ears, the smirk fell away and she caught Fyre's elbow full in the face.

"Do not think that you can kill me, you weak little god.  As long as you are on the physical world, you have no chance of ever matching my power..."  Fyre spat as he walked menacingly through the dust and flames to where Hyllena's body had landed.

She stood up just in time to receive the hilt of Fyre's blade into her stomach.  Blood spewed from her mouth and she looked up at Fyre with wide, fear-filled eyes.  "Lord F-F-Fyrethil...sh-show mercy..."

"MERCY!?"  He screamed.  "DID THE GODS SHOW MERCY TO MY FAMILY WHEN THEY GAVE ME MY DESTINY!?  DID THE GODS SHOW MERCY WHEN THEY SENT MY ELDER BROTHER BACK WHEN HE HAD NO INTENTIONS OF RETURNING?!  WHERE WERE THE GODS WHEN THEY WERE NEEDED MOST!?"

Another blow to the face sent Hyleena spinning to the ground and a fire blast sent her flying even further backward.  She tried to get up, and managed to get to her hands and knees as Fyrethil took his time reaching her.

"You have no RIGHT to ask me for mercy, Hyleena...when you can't even find it in yourself to show it to me..."

Now, he had her by the throat, and her feet were off the ground.  "I could end your pain right now...and send you back to the heavens where you belong...tormenting the lives of others just to do your bidding.  I see now that the gods are corrupt...and that there is no hope for our kind to survive with such leadership."

"Do it..." she choked.  "Do it, Lord Fyrethil....do what y-you will..."

Fyre smirked and squeezed, then placed his palm against her chest.  "Very well, Hyleena...I'll do it..."  The next thing that happened was a glowing between his palm and Hyleena's chest.  "Goodbye...Hyleena..."

The light exploded and shot forward, piercing Hyleena's chest and blowing a hole in her body, sending blood, bones, and organs flying out her back.  Fyre let go of her neck and her body fell to the ground, limp and lifeless.  He looked up at the sky then and shook his head.

"Never...NEVER...cross me again..."

© 2008 Brandon M. Whittaker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 11, 2008

Author

Brandon M. Whittaker
Brandon M. Whittaker

Las Vegas, NV



About
Writer (unpublished) for 20 years on and off. I write fantasy and science fiction. I used to write a lot of poetry but I've moved away from that kind of writing. Hope you enjoy what you read! more..

Writing