The Torrent

The Torrent

A Story by Vagus
"

An attempt to put a nightmare into words.

"

Life between Angels and Demons is a short one.  A place where emotions are filled with the glee of comradery and hate of revenge.  It is a place that never moves and can't stop from changing.  Where time stands still while it drags you into darkness.  A darkness where you only get the chance to see a glimpse of light swallowed by the enemy.  A darkness so brilliant that it burns your eyes.  They burn from the rays casted down from above.  They burn from the sand kicked into the air from violent breachs in the earth while a torrent of blood runs over your dreams.  The dreams have become dark now also.  Your only place of piece and self.  Dream of the sound of flys that hover over bodies.  They burn with a redolence that only those who've never expeirenced it or have been around it too much accept.  Much like death.  Your hands burn while you grasp you tools.  They take an inflamed form as you destroy your world.  As it all come crumbeling down you find yourself sitting on your own.  The open land is filled with beasts and demons killing and f*****g.  They surround you and supress your hopes and rape your traditions.  You only hear the grains of sand as they scatter across your face.  You close your eyes, just enough to keep the sand out.  The torrent is back.  You dare not keep them closed.  You begin to resilience your life in a new place.  Angels have kept you alive enough to suffer and you return home with them.  Only to come to another breed of demons.  You fight and kill your way to home and now you have demons everywhere.  The Angels are back to work without you and now you have nothing to give them.  You're killed inside and they will be killed outside.  The torrent continues.  It covers all aspects of everything you do.  There is no escaping it.  But the darkness comes into focus.  In a world of black you are not the Angel.  You have killed to much of your life to do that.  They weren't Angels either.  They were like you.  We.  We are the demons.  If demons are the solitary reason Angels were sent and we learned they are Angels for divulging.  We are all peerless.  We are all Angels and Demons.  Your eyes burst open as you realize the torrent has continued on without you knowing.  You dream of pain, then you lose track of when your dreaming.  If you dream for so long, are you really still dreaming.  Maybe all in all the torrent is really just your life in the end.  The life between angels and demons isn't short.  Its just life.  Its just a sand covered road in your dreams.

© 2008 Vagus


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
Added on February 29, 2008
Last Updated on March 23, 2008

Author

Vagus
Vagus

WA



About
I have found writing to be an enjoyable challenge my entire life. I have decided that I might enjoy putting some pieces together and see what others think and maybe try to work on a book. While doin.. more..

Writing
The Shot The Shot

A Story by Vagus