My Pencil, My Toughts

My Pencil, My Toughts

A Poem by GPK

Today, I pick up my pencil to write. It has a different feel then when I type. My thoughts flow through my mind, each acting as if they know where they are going. I adjust myself in the chair and straiten my spine. Taking a deep breath in the nose and out the mouth, a sensation of calmness envelopes my concessions. I peer down at the wooden desk, the notebook sprawled open, staring back at me. The blank pages yearn to me be filled, to be covered, as if it somehow was tempted and ate the forbidden fruit. I raise my arm, the instrument of my art in hand and make contact with the sheet. With each stroke of the hand, and the slight pressure pushed upon the leaded tip, I make a bridge between the metaphysical abstractions of my ego and the physical universe. Hesitant, I write nothing. As a child I was thought words can hurt. When I matured, I also learned that words have the power of change. That is why I pick my words carefully. Like an architectural draftsman perched at his drawing table, I make my own blueprint of words to craft. Today, I picked up my pencil, wrote hundreds of words, and had nothing to say.

© 2014 GPK


Author's Note

GPK
I first wrote this short in one of my journals and then later transcribed it digitally onto my computer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very interesting :) Good job. Makes me think about about the open world of topics to write about. So thank you for that. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

GPK

10 Years Ago

Thanks alot. I took a look at your work... nice!
Brookypoo

10 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

874 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 8, 2014
Last Updated on May 8, 2014
Tags: Pencil, Toughts, reflection

Author

GPK
GPK

WI



About
I am a college age student in the University of Wisconsin College system. I am embracing the part of me that likes to write. more..

Writing
Immolation Immolation

A Poem by GPK


Catamaran Catamaran

A Poem by GPK