Infinite Dusk

Infinite Dusk

A Story by KamikazeCat
"

This is a short story I once told an ex of mine. I figured I would try and write it here.

"
     Once upon a time, there were two Gods. One of the Moon and one of the Sun. The God of The Moon was mysterious, and passionate. With eyes like diamonds, and hair that flowed with the tides below. The God of The Sun was bright and humble. Every day started off with a song that woke the world with happiness. Amber eyes sat softly upon their face as the hair from their head waved slowly like embers from a fire. 
     The two were the sole protectors of the vast land below. Bringing harvest and life to the small, curious people that dwell underneath. The Gods loved this place, but their love for each other was stronger than that of any human. Bound to opposite poles of the world, the only way for them to meet was at dusk. A time where they would switch out their watch over the people.  When dusk approached, they would mix into each other so beautifully. Forming a perfect mix of hues over the infinite sky. So soon was their embrace, and just as quick was gone. 
     One day, as dusk approached, the two met above the horizon as they always did. 
     "My love, you are so beautiful," said the Moon.  "Yet again you graced the world with such joy, and I am truly entranced." 
      The Sun smiled and said,"Darling, the joy I bring upon the humans comes from what you give to me when we mix. You are my source of joy."
     "Words can not express the pain I feel being pulled away from you," said The Moon.
     "Such is the way of the world." The Sun replied, placing a hand on The Moon's chin. 
     A glimpse of creativity glazed over The Moon's eyes, as they raised their head to face the Sun.
     "Perhaps it does not have to be this way!" The Moon exclaimed. 
     "What do you mean?" questioned The Sun. 
     
     "We can run away together!" 

     The Sun pulled away in shock at the Moon's words. Of all the days, nothing of this sort has ever been conceived.  Madness must have come over the Moon with such speak. 
     "Moon, as much as I love you," The Sun began. 
     "As do I you, but I can not take dusk after dusk with you. There is so much more beyond this horizon, and all of which I want to share with you! Please," The Moon pleaded.
     Extending out a hand, The Moon awaited their lovers' response. 
     "Trust me, my love." The Moon spoke gently. 
    After a few moments of silence, and as dusk began to break The Sun placed their hand in The Moon's. 
     "Very well, my dear. I shall leave with you!" said The Sun. 
     The Moon yelped with glorious euphoria with The Sun's answer. Before dusk finally broke, and The Moon took over watch they called out to The Sun, "Next dusk we will be gone from here! I promise!"
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~
     The next dusk came rolling over the horizon yet again, and the two met at this point for the final  time. 
     "Are you ready?" The Moon asked.
     With a small nod, The Sun grasped The Moon's hand and with a single jolt both the Sun and Moon ripped themselves away from the horizon! They were finally free from the chains that held them apart for so long.  They laughed and cheered as they flung into each others arms. A kiss planted between their lips sent sparks shooting into the universe. 
     So began their new life among the universe. They roamed the stars, and The Moon showed The Sun the constellations they had made. They danced on the rings of planets unknown to them before, letting the stardust create a whirlwind around them. Blinded by pure happiness, they went about their lives unaware of the chaos they left behind. 
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~
     One day as The Sun wandered about, a strange noise pierced their ear. It was sharp, agonizing, and painful. The Sun cried out as The Moon came rushing to their side. 
   "What is it?" asked The Moon.
     "I am not sure, my love. It sounded like screams." The Sun explained, uncovering their ear.
     Concerned and curious as to the source of the sound, both The Sun and Moon decided to track such a disturbance. Following its screeches and cries, they wandered aimlessly through the stars only to find themselves back in familiar territory. 
     A small globe, covered in black smoke and fire sat in agony. The wails of the humans below echoed as both watched from above. Terror fell upon their faces as they witnessed the nightmare they themselves created. 
     "What have we done...?" The Sun cried, yellow streams dripping from their face.
      The Moon was left speechless at what they were seeing. No words could ever express the horror that plagued this once beloved place. 
     "We must go back," said The Sun. 
     "No!" The Moon shouted in despair. 
      "My love, we must save them! It's the only way" The Sun pleaded with their other half. 
      "I can not go back to the dusk! I can not be apart from you!" 
       
     "You were never apart from me at all, my love." The Sun continued.
     "What do you mean?" The Moon questioned as ice trickled down their cheek.
      "If not for these humans, we would have never existed. It is because of them we have our love! We owe it to them to protect them, and to help them." said The Sun. 
     The Moon paused as they thought about what The Sun had said. Alas, they knew the Sun was right and there was no other way to stop this pain. 
     "We will always have each other, and I will always love you." The Sun said to The Moon. 
     With a swift move, both plunged themselves back down into the horizon. A sudden blast shook the land as the darkness dispersed. Silence fell across the land as dusk arose yet again. With the darkness foiled, peace returned to the land and sky. 

An infinite dusk blanketed the sky, as the Sun and Moon mixed together over the horizon one last time never to be parted again. 

    

© 2017 KamikazeCat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on August 7, 2017
Last Updated on August 9, 2017

Author

KamikazeCat
KamikazeCat

Woodridge, IL



About
Hello! My name is Carolyn, and I am a Director & Screenwriter! I have found my passion in movie magic, and I hope to one day share my films with the world. I poses a vast imagination with which I am b.. more..

Writing
Psycho Psycho

A Poem by KamikazeCat