Fortitudo mea

Fortitudo mea

A Story by Gabby Arguello
"

The world has collapsed and the military has recruited survivors like Hestia, Joaquin and other teens and young adults to serve and fight the battles and wars that are coming. Hestia has another plan.

"
"Hestia I'll be back soon. We need some groceries." I heard mom but didn't feel the need to answer.
"Hestia! Did you hear me?"
"Yes!" I took a sip from my glass of water and continued scrolling through my phone. The door shut behind me and I headed towards the tv. I went through the channels until something weird happened. Something that I had never seen before.The channels were blocked except cnn and other channel news. It said something that captured my attention. They said that a terrorist group had sent an anonymous letter to the government saying that they would start planting bombs and destroying America until they made the whole world into one race. Didn't pay much attention and turned the tv off. I sat on the couch for a few moments texting my friends and Joaquin, my boyfriend. First messages I started receiving in my classroom group: "Who saw the news?, My mom said were leaving. Bye guys, I'll miss you! Schools got canceled. "
I couldn't believe what was going on. People were making a huge deal out of this.

I suddenly heard a loud noise and headed to the front door, a military tank was passing by and suddenly a weird dark ball was thrown into the neighbors house. I stood in shock watching everything. As I saw the green smoke coming out what it looked like a tear gas bomb, I ran into the living room and heard something bounce next to me. Next, I realized I went into a huge sleep.

"Hesitia, go to sleep now. It's late!" I rolled my eyes at Rebecca, whose bed was across mine. Everyone was asleep, so I closed my journal and turned of my flashlight. I hated these beds the first few months I came, now it seems I got used to harsh conditions and started giving less on my looks. I fell asleep and woke up the next morning to the trumpets feeling energized. Everyone rushed to the showers right after making our beds. Today was check-up day so I made sure my bed was extra tight today. I took a nice short cold water shower and dressed up into my uniform. All the girls in the room gathered their stuff and placed everything in order. We all waited for the general to come, meanwhile I was playing cards with Cameron and Mary.

"Attention! Check up day, you slackers." General Stanley shouted. We through our cards on the table and stood next to our corresponding beds. General Stanley and Caleb, his right hand, started walking and glanced the beds while Caleb was complimenting every single one of them. "Good." "Nice work." "Better." "Keep it up."
As he approached me, I stared at him, but he didn't look at me for a single second. "Do I need to show you how to do it?" He was always making rude remarks at me and other things that I didn't like, I don't even know why. He continued walking with Stanley and complimenting people. When he was done, before exiting the room he said: "Most of you did really good, better than before. But some of you, I'm disappointed." General Stanley shouted: "Rest!" They exited the room and we changed into resting position until they left.

© 2016 Gabby Arguello


Author's Note

Gabby Arguello
Please ignore my grammar mistakes and leave comments below! I want to know what you think! OPINIONS!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on August 3, 2016
Last Updated on August 8, 2016
Tags: #romance, #adventure, #fiction

Author

Gabby Arguello
Gabby Arguello

Managua , Nicaragua



About
Weights before dates. Teen. I love Jesus and life is too short so I take risks. more..