Every Day

Every Day

A Story by Gabriel Soberanis

I know, it's not your fault, it never was and never will be. It is my foolishness and my pride, it was my desire that you be that shining light that inexhaustible fire I found inside of you; that beautiful woman who at that time stood out above all they surrounded you. The one that without needing to say it openly proclaimed "I'm here!" in every photo and place where you showed yourself.

All of that was only an admiration, one that now I see was undeserved. One fear that made me repeat every day in silence "please never happen", and as a sad prophecy inevitably happened.
No, you are not guilty and you will never be, it was only my absurd faith in your wild spirit, in your supposed rebellion, in that apparent promise that you would never give in to the most common and ordinary life but now, like many others girls around you, you pretend looks like a wonderful existence.

Now I understand that I believed in you much more than you can ever believe in yourself; that all those who said with disdain, contempt and sometimes even with mockery “is it serious, she!?” Every time they saw you at the end were right and saw perfectly the path you would take.

I only wish kept that image when I met you, when it seemed that you would go against the current and reveal yourself to that supposed destiny that marked you since you born and would be different from those women of your past, but now I see never will be possible. The true is I can only remind you as you are now… Because sadly like you, I look at hundreds of people walking down the street daily.

Gabriel Soberanis

© 2022 Gabriel Soberanis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on February 6, 2022
Last Updated on February 6, 2022

Author

Gabriel Soberanis
Gabriel Soberanis

Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico



About
Writer: El Laberinto de los Demonios, Parallel Journeys, Whispers in the Darkness, Videojuegos: Una Historia que Contar, Goliat, Azul, La Gran Maquinaria more..

Writing