Man In The Cage

Man In The Cage

A Story by Douglas Levi Gribbins
"

This story is completely up for interpretation, see it however you'd like and draw your own conclusions.

"
"Where am I?" A confused voice asks, named Douglas, returned by it's own echoes in a seemingly endless room.
"You're trapped, I put you here, You can not leave, I'm afraid." Answered another, deeper voice, sounding very dull.
"Why not? I have so much to do, so much to say! Release me!" Answered Douglas.
"Douglas, You've been here for roughly 8 years, Why would you wanna leave when we've become such great friends?" Asked the other voice.
"Because I don't need you any more, Xavier, You're my past, I'm moving on, without you." Douglas spoke confidently.
"Moving on? You've tried this before, You came crawling back after losing her, I was your coping method, your escape, You would certainly return, so why leave?"  Xavier asked in a rude manner.
"You're right, I came back, and I'm sorry if it seemed like I was using you simply as a coping method, You deserve better." Douglas eventually replied quietly.
"Don't apologize to me, Douglas, apologize to everyone whom you allowed me to wrong, every one of your friends whom only wanted the best for you, your family who only wanted you to be happy, Apologize to every one of t-" 
Xaviers words were cut off by a faint "Shut up." 
Xavier leaned in to hear more, raising his eyebrows in confusion.
"You're wrong" 
"Correct, You have no friends, Douglas." Xavier quickly replied.
"I am your only salvation, let us be together again, you are surrounded by walls, and only I stand before you, Come with me, I will make you happy again."
"No, I won't, I'm leaving, I have things to do, worlds to create, stories to write, games to develop, videos to make-"
Douglas was interrupted by Xavier laughing hysterically.
"You really think you can do all of that? You will fail, as you always have, you will give up and come back to me, as always!" Xavier shouted, growing larger in size and deeper in tone.
"I know I can do it, I'm sorry Xavier, but I'm letting you go." 
Douglas said as he turned away from Xavier and walked straight through the "walls" of his cage. 

© 2018 Douglas Levi Gribbins


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

*Claps*

Xavier just has no idea. Is this really a new chapter for Douglas though? I really hope so. I feel like Xavier put Douglas through so much.
I missed reading your stuff. It's been a long time, Levi.
I'm not sure if you remember me. But whatever.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Douglas Levi Gribbins

6 Years Ago

Thank you! And yes i do :3
Luna Zerimar

6 Years Ago

Hit me up sometime. (:
Douglas Levi Gribbins

6 Years Ago

Might I recommend my latest chapter of my book, Immortals?

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 20, 2018
Last Updated on February 20, 2018
Tags: self discovery