Venting: I Can't Do This

Venting: I Can't Do This

A Story by GamingGal
"

The worries of the heart

"

I can’t do this. I can’t do this. Don’t make me let go of you.

 

I can’t handle even the thought of it. It gives me chills and stops my heart, brings tears to my eyes and makes me want to scream. The mere idea of it makes me feel like a storm is about to take place inside of me and rip me from the inside out, hollowing me out and destroying my heart. A tremble of the lip, hid by a smile and a laugh and a shake of the head.

 

Those piercing words from friends, “You should let go.” They pierce like ice into my soul, a stake to the heart. Hearing the confirmation of my deepest fears from my closet friends, marked by the sickening worry that they’re right. But I keep a straight face and try to hide the emotions in my eyes as I shake off the words and pretend they were never spoken.

 

So, let me hold on to you. Let me hold on and never let go. Even if it’s pointless, the pain is worth those few moments, so let me hold on and never let go.

© 2011 GamingGal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It really captures those moments in our lives where endure pain to stop even greater pain.. I really enjoyed it

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so sad/: yet, I myself have felt like this before...You captured it perfectly. Nicely done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was sweet, and tragic. I'm amazed at how sweet this was. Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Made me cry.....

Posted 13 Years Ago


this was good i enjoyed reading it good job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2011
Last Updated on March 18, 2011

Author

GamingGal
GamingGal

Atlanta, GA



About
Weeeeeelllll.... I'm your average girl living in the big city. I haven't wrote much lately, but if I do, I'll let you guys know :) more..

Writing
Together Together

A Story by GamingGal


Untethered Untethered

A Poem by GamingGal