The Dream

The Dream

A Story by GamingGal
"

This is an excerpt of the book I'm writing

"

I glanced at Jordynn from where I was lying across the room. She was sleeping so soundly, her chest rising and falling with each breath she took. She seemed so peaceful despite the argument we had had earlier. I sighed and looked back up at the ceiling. Why had I argued with her over such a simple thing as space? Sure, I was her guardian now, but she was right in wanting personal time to herself without me. After all, I was sure I would get tired of being followed constantly, especially if I just wanted to be by myself. But I didn’t like to leave her alone. It worried me when I did.

 

Talon, my falcon, shifted uneasily on his perch. I stroked his feathers. “What is it, boy?” He clicked his beak together and looked from me to Jordynn. He sensed it, too. He could sense these….weird feelings I was having. I looked back over at her. I couldn’t deny the fact that she made my heart race. She was gorgeous. She had that dirty blond hair that fell to her shoulders, sometimes getting in her face. And, even though I always stepped out of the room when she changed, I had seen her body. Every morning when she would stretch and get ready for her run, I’d watch her (after all, it was my job as her guardian). Her legs were toned and strong, but that was to be expected of a runner. She swam, too, which resulted in the perfect belly. And then there were the days that she would lay out in nothing but her bikini, her sun-kissed skin glistening with sweat. I closed my eyes and tried to shake away these thoughts, but they refused to leave. A quiet whimper escaped her lips and I glanced back over at her. Her lips were contorted in a frown, and it pained me to see them so. I never wanted to see her frown.

 

I stood and walked over, kneeling beside her. She whimpered, stretching and kicking a bit as she did. Obviously whatever dream she was having wasn’t the best. I tried to place my hand over hers, but I passed right through. I groaned and sat there, helpless as she tried to fight off this dream. Then I remembered: I could enter dreams, change them for the better. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, thinking of her and her dream. Soon, I felt light, felt as if I was floating. As soon as this feeling went away, I opened my eyes.

 

I was in her dream, which consisted of nothing but her room. Jordynn was sitting on her bed, her hands over her ears and her eyes closed tight.

 

“Stop it! Stop it!” she shouted. The pain in her voice was evident.

 

I frowned; I couldn’t hear anything. I closed my eyes and focused, trying to pick up any sort of sound. Then I heard them, the haunting voices of her mother and father. They were accusing her of being a waste, asking her why she couldn’t be more like her older sister. Now that I had heard them, the voices were deafening, seeming to fill the entire room. It was almost too much for me to handle, and I had to end it.

 

“Stop it!” I commanded. The voices stopped mid-sentence and vanished.

 

Jordynn opened her eyes, slowly returning her hands to her sides. She looked around confusedly for a moment, then she saw me. Instead of relief, she scowled and turned her back to me. Even though I understood her reaction completely (after all, I had followed her into her dreams, the only place she could escape me), I was still annoyed. I walked over to her and sat down beside her.

 

“Come on, I just made your dream a lot better, and you’re going to treat me like this?”

 

She didn’t respond, just kept her back to me and pretended I wasn’t there. And even though I wouldn’t admit it to her, that hurt more than her hitting me.

 

“Jordynn, please. I’m your guardian, so I have to be with you constantly. If I didn’t have to, I would give you more space, I swear I would. But I can’t, so it’s something we both are going to have to learn to deal with and accept. I’m sorry. And I’m sorry for yelling at you earlier. I was in the wrong, not you.”

 

She was still for a moment, then turned to look at me. My breath caught in my throat for a minute, but I didn’t let her see. Her eyes were a marvelous, deep shade of blue. I felt as if I could stare into them forever and never get tired of it. Vaguely I registered that she was saying something to me. I blinked and looked at her.

 

“Come again?”

 

She groaned, but repeated herself. “I said, thank you for apologizing. I should apologize, too. After all, I was being a real jerk earlier. You can’t help that you have to follow me everywhere. It’s not like you enjoy it.”

 

I reached out and touched my hand to hers, meaning to comfort her. But then I felt it. I sucked in a breath and closed my eyes. She felt the same way I did. Even though she was confused and scared and not sure she wanted to accept these feelings, she felt the same way. My hand tightened over hers and I looked at her. She was looking away, keeping her eyes from mine. But that didn’t hide the fact that she was crying. Tears were sliding down her cheeks. This confusion was killing her, as it was me. I couldn’t stand to see her crying. In one fluid movement, I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her to me. She tried to pull away at first, then gave in and curled up against me. I ran my fingers through her hair, attempting to calm her.

 

“I’m just so confused, Autumn, and it’s killing me. I don’t know what to do. I mean….I can’t allow this, I can’t! It’s wrong and it’d be just another reason for my parents to hate me. I can’t.”

 

I held her tight, then leaned back and looked at her. She looked up at me, and I smiled. Her hair was in her face and the moonlight was on her skin. Tentatively, I reached out and brushed the hair out of her face, my fingers trailing down the line of her jaw. Her gorgeous blue eyes were locked on mine, scared yet happy at the same time.

 

“This isn’t right….” She trailed off, her eyes never leaving mine. Indecision burned in them.

 

“Don’t worry about doing what they want. Do what you want. Otherwise, you’re never going to be happy,” I told her.

 

She bit her lip for a moment, then grabbed my hand in hers. She kissed it then looked at me again.

 

“Never tell, alright? This will be our little secret.”

 

“Of course.”

 

As soon as I agreed, she leaned forward and kissed me, pressing her lips to mine for but a moment before pulling back. And even though it lasted no more than a few seconds, it felt like forever. Her lips were soft on mine, undemanding yet full of desire at the same time. I could tell she wanted to kiss me, really kiss me, but she was holding back. I couldn’t blame her, though. After all, this was something new to us both. I let out a shaky breath and smiled at her. She smiled back and kissed the back of my hand again.

 

“Remember, our little secret.”

© 2011 GamingGal


Author's Note

GamingGal
Please give me any and all feedback. Pros. Cons. Harsh Comments. Etc...

It is greatly valued.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a great story! You've captured my attention and now I want to read the entire book.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well written little story, I kind of had an idea where it was going! I like it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with Cheyenne. This was a great story and you are an excellent writer.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Fantastic Job..!!!!

Keep sharing..!!

Good Wishes..!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Cheyenne -- Yes, Autumn is a girl, hence it being "wrong" for them to be together. Thank you for the compliments :) I plan on writing more of it, just to get past that darned beginning!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was just... amazing. I loved reading this. I have one question, is Autumn a girl, and that's why it's wrong for them to be together? Or is it something like gaurdians and the people that they're protecting can't be together? I need to read more of this :) keep writing! seriously, all of your writing that I've read screams talent! talent! talent! :p great job, i dont think this needs any improvement. I totally saw these rooms and each little scene. I could picture her face perfectly, and I liked the relationship you portrayed between the two characters :)
~Chey

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2011
Last Updated on June 16, 2011

Author

GamingGal
GamingGal

Atlanta, GA



About
Weeeeeelllll.... I'm your average girl living in the big city. I haven't wrote much lately, but if I do, I'll let you guys know :) more..

Writing
Together Together

A Story by GamingGal


Untethered Untethered

A Poem by GamingGal