Growing up with an Assassin

Growing up with an Assassin

A Story by Ganglion-Pro
"

its short, its random and what have you got to lose.

"

A friend once said to change who you are you must change what you do. It’s not our decision we are brought into the world, if you asked most people if they had a say being born 99% would say yes. You see I was that 1% never actually finding a place in the world moving place to place having no roots or connections; I was alive but already dead.

People can have an art for almost everything depends on what your good at. My art was death and believe me I was the best; being a professional hitman being the best wasn’t enough I had to become better, faster version of myself (Hitman 2.0 if you must). I tried to do the whole god thing but my heart shouted it was lying to me and my brain said it was the best thing for us. I’ve been inside a church once in my life and I’ll tell you what I told the priest “god stays out of my way and I stay out of his “afterwards I put two bullets in the back of his skull. I guess you were expecting a sufferer’s confession. I guess you were a mask for so long you forget what’s underneath it. In my line of work either get killed or get sent to prison so there wasn’t much as a retirement plan; maybe dying on a beach sounded good once but now I can’t tell the difference from good or bad, everyone was bad in my book. I did learn that people only show you who they are in there final moments, fathers sacrifice their sons and daughters their mothers. The only fairness I took was killing them both.

There was a quote that had always lingered in my mind. I think it was Hemmingway “There is no hunting like the hunting of man” maybe he was trying to say that death will always have a place in the world; a necessary evil, it’s not like the first time the devil was doing god’s work. The mission was to take out a fake happily married couple, whose husband had deep ties to cartel but no loyalty to his wife while she f***s the pool boy despite the cliché; thank god they never had children .That kid would be seriously fucked up. All I was given was a .45 and a picture (My guardian Yuri one man army, ex-Russian military and part of a secret spetsnaz hit squad. These guys make Special Forces and Delta look like a bunch of pussys. I was eager to prove my debt and loyalty to the man who took me in the man who saved me from myself. But I’ll get into that later) I decided I’ll end him as soon as he goes to his car in. Watching someone from afar can almost feel like a narrator deciding who gets to live and who deserves to die but what I didn’t understand is that when you kill someone you kill all what they become and all they could’ve have been. All I could feel is my hand gripping on the gun permanently stuck; finger on the trigger. Yuri put his hand slowly on the gun and told me “only put it on the trigger when you’re ready to fire otherwise you just keep it holstered”. I knew this was all too real the same five words spin around my head “about to kill a man” wishing and hoping that it would leave my thought. Leave my head! I took light steps up until I was behind the black bmw, I waited until he was inside the car; fear and the element of surprise was my ally. I flanked around the side and pointed a .45 threw the car window; a second felt like an hour. My victim just sat there he wasn’t afraid, he didn’t plead, he never fought back he just laughed. Throwing off every bit of calm I had left. CLICK! “The safety’s on boy “he says calmly as he turns to me, I look to the side of the gun, moved it one click down right then he pounces right out me. I hesitated, I couldn’t do it.

 Something coming from the corner of my eye and I heard the sound I was supposed to hear 1 second ago. BANG! Yuri had come in to finish the job; I couldn’t hear s**t. My ears felt it was inside of ringing bell. Yuri grabbed shouting at me I was still hearing that never ending flat line. Finally I came to my senses; somehow I ended in the getaway vehicle with Yuri driving.

© 2018 Ganglion-Pro


Author's Note

Ganglion-Pro
Do with it what you will

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Is that the end, or will this story continue? You did well with what you wrote so far,wordwise, but the punctuation was sort of disastrous. Better go back and fix that. You forgot a lot of commas, and a couple of semicolons. I must point out that Hemingway is spelled with just one 'm'. A typo, perhaps.Also, you have to pick a tense and stick to it;otherwise, the reader is confused.
I would continue; it's shaping up to be a good story.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
1 Review
Added on November 18, 2018
Last Updated on November 18, 2018