Til death do us: Part 1.

Til death do us: Part 1.

A Poem by Gareth6d

Just like the days of yester-year, I miss the childish nature of a joke gone wrong. We were the kings of a town littered with alcoholics. Elvis would've been proud. We know we have to grow up sometime, but how can it be done when there's a city full of wet roads and whole female hearts to puncture pot holes in? Everybody has got a story to tell and a chance to yell at the people who are lying and the people who are trying to keep us away from feeling drunk and happy. Take another drink for the road and test if the handbreaks are working. If they don't then it was surely worth a try. Just like our fallen comrades next to the road we will be forgotten by dead flowers and head-on-collisions. But pay your regards by drowning in gin and join us while we cross the river styx. We erect a party wherever we go and it never gets old. Hell better stock up on hard liquor, for eternity we will toast to the good old days and the friends yet to join this v.i.p only gathering. Where we shall go down on misery. And even maybe ourselves...

© 2013 Gareth6d


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on March 20, 2013
Last Updated on March 29, 2013
Tags: Dark, Hate, Life, Sad, adventure, death, depression, fantasy, fiction, heart, love, pain, poem, poetry, romance, story, teen

Author

Gareth6d
Gareth6d

South Africa



About
I'm Gareth Davies. I'm 25 and live in South Africa. I'm experimenting with writing because I'm trying to stop sending drunk texts to ex-girlfriends. I Mostly write postmodern poetry and prose and I us.. more..

Writing



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)