Baby Girl

Baby Girl

A Poem by Gastroc.

tip tip tip
toe
around and around
do this monkey dance
in order that she may
laugh
well,
i've never been much
of a dancer
i scream
and whail
at all the wrong people
for something to be done
hands tied and
mouth gagged
i am useless;
i am without control
but i am not the one with
"the problem"
sad as she is,
we all are
and ceasing to function
is not an option and
well,
i've never been much
of a dancer
and so i shall sit this one
out
as others lead you by the hand
and take the tissue to your a*s

© 2010 Gastroc.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I envy your ability to be so direct. I find that I'm always cramming my poetry in strange images, and I can't even help it, and people rarely understand what they even mean. This is a very honest piece, and I can feel the desperation of the child, and it really takes me back to feeling insignificant and useless, as child mostly do at some point or another. It's as if I forgot until I read this. You really do bring it back, and I'm sure other people can relate as I can. It's such a universal feeling, and you really do communicate well, directly and simply. I have no constructive criticism.

"As others lead you by the hand, and take the tissue to your a*s."

I could see some people seeing this as too sudden and vulgar I suppose, but I really think it's perfect. It shows to me how as you grow up things become this disgusting, vulgar act, and the common misinterpretation that children don't feel that is not the case. They do feel it, but it's shielded by the innocence which leads to looking back at childhood in only the fond ways. Nostalgia.

I may be looking too deeply into this, and I realize I am rambling haha, but this really did bring these feelings to me. Whether or not it was your intention, very thought provoking.

I'm favouriting this.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 4, 2010
Last Updated on January 4, 2010

Author

Gastroc.
Gastroc.

NJ



About
Brittany. Twenty. Married 10.25.08. A lot of my poems were deleted when the site crashed. I was able to restore very few. Check out my new stuff-- enjoy. more..

Writing