The Essentials (A Kolyck Tale)

The Essentials (A Kolyck Tale)

A Story by Anthony
"

A story of how the All Mighty made the world. This is where all my stories will be set in unless specified otherwise. The gods are named and I will make an index of all these when I'm done writing.

"
No dark nor light. No good nor evil. The void is still.These are the first writings of the creation of our world. Until the great mother willed herself through the void.

She clawed through the essence of time and creation to create not only the universe but herself. This shows her as the almighty one, and she is the beginning of the age of creation. Her first trial was to make a home for her to have her children. She took life, air,and dirt to make the world of Kolyck . Next she crafted a river of the purest drink. It can not be called water, nor any other liquid. It just is, and it will always be. It split the world down the center and kept raging till there were two seperate continents.

After this she willed into existence a son and a daughter. The son, dark and brooding, was named Altaìr. The Daughter, bright and cheery, was named Alician. The Son, being dark, was giving control of the night and all who inhabit it. The Daughter being the brightest and most beautiful was in control of the day and it's kingdoms.

They bickered and one day decided to sit on seperate continents on opposite sides of the Earth. Until one day their mother noticed that one side of the Earth was burning while the other ice. So she decided to trick both of them. She told them,"You are my favorite, here take these wings and go catch you sibling and I will make you the ruler of all domains."

And so the chase began, day and night cycling through melting the ice and cooling the fires. To this day they still chase each other. If there is a moment where they catch eachother, an eclipse, then they would just fight and go seperate ways to start the chase over again.

Next where all the remaining childeren of the Earth. Seeing the dead plant life she made the sturdy Yale to maintain, guard, and replenish life on earth. He was a massive creature, standing at around 10 ft tall with the head of a donkey and the legs of a Goat.

She then saw the need to tame the ocean, so she made the fierce and beautiful Ciris. She was a slender and agile woman who could change between part fish tail and elegant, yet strong, legs.

The mother could it all coming together, she almost sat to rest when she saw that her first born, the Sun and Moon where going faster then before. No not faster, but a shorter distance. The sky was falling, and she needed to create. She quickly made The Burdened Despare. He caught the sky lifting it to the outer edges of possibility using his wings to lift him self and hold it.His beating wings granted wind. He stayed there in isolation holding it, but one day however he will fall and the sky will follow.

The mother feels a parents sorrow for putting Despare through all that pain, but it made her realize how vigilant she should be of her children.To make sure they stuck to their tasks created Virgil. She was loyal and a humble woman who held justice above all else. Her punishment for any Children who didn't follow their tasks? Death. She can kill immortals but is limited by a sense of justice and loyalty. With this punishment came the creation of a god that the Mother didn't make. That is Zoltith, The Dead One. It has no , no form, and no one can claim a sighting of it. All it is claimed to have are two bright blue eyes that are a sign of close and eminent death.

These where the 7 Essentials to the creation of life and the Earth. The All Mighty seeing her work almost finished, started making life to run the smaller things her world. She created birds to keep The Burdened Despare company. Fish for the Fierce Ciris, and land creatures for the Sturdy Yale. And her own creatures where the Humans which ruled over all creatures to represent the Mothers dominion over her children.

With all these creatures being created they needed some one who could grant them Free Will as to make sure that The Mother can focus on creating and managing her world. So she made Restune, the Mad. He has an infinite amount of faces but each one perfect and the same. He gave the creatures anger, sadness, fear, happiness, and all emotions. He especially took interest in humans so he gave them more emotions than other creatures.

When all these creatures got old enough Zoltith would take their spirits into its belly where they would sit there for eternity. Those that who did wrong however would be taken from Zoltith by Virgil to the edge of possibility, and there they would be chained to the sky where the birds who went to visit the Burdened One would feast on the undying spirits. They bleed blue which is how we get the bright and shiny stars. A shooting star is simply one who has fallen to Zoltith's belly or been deemed worthy to return to life.

Those that return have no memory of the past but are reborn in the world to live another life so that they can get it right. They are special ones and branded on their pupils with the sign of Virgil, and are giving the ability to use magic of the gods. They are forbidden from creation of any kind however. These people are known as repenters.

The rest of the story is of the all mighty one making the plane of the gods but is to great for anyone to write of. She resides there making minor gods to fit and perfect her world. This leaves room for kings to rise and Heros to leave their marks.


© 2017 Anthony


Author's Note

Anthony
This is my first story I am publishing. Please be honest about his post and tell me how to improve thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the episode of the eclipse! Such a beautiful picture!

I also like how you put different aspects of different religions to form this "theory" (or maybe rather story) of how the world was made.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
1 Review
Added on July 9, 2017
Last Updated on July 9, 2017
Tags: Magic, fantasy, origin, short story, universe, creation, start, foundation, Dirt, The Dirt

Author

Anthony
Anthony

Adrian, MO



About
I am a junior at adrian high school in Missouri. I am a huge nerd who reads all the fantasy he can. I never thought of being a writer until I started getting into this phase where I imagined every sce.. more..