Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Onatah

One cannot see Heaven without relief.

I

The word we must focus on now is relief. You see, if one were to be in Heaven, without the knowledge of Good and evil, then one would be of flawless virtue and bliss. One would not know the extent of Goodness in which they are experiencing. It is the relief of escaping from the emptiness (that calls itself evil). We must recognize that there is nothing but Good. There is no such duality as Good vs evil, for evil is just a word that those godless creatures use to substantiate themselves. Evil is truly nonexistent. As Albert Einstein stated, "Evil is the absence of God", just as shadow is the absence of Light. The godless creatures try to claim that evil is of substance just as Good is of substance as to claim some sort of duality between the two.

II

Men have always asked the question, "Why did God give us the option to eat the fruit?" You see, in the beginning, Adam and Eve were unaware of emptiness. They had everything given to them by God, and had no knowledge of what we call "evil". When the serpent asked Eve a most simple question, he brought a notion into Eve's mind. That notion was that there was a will separate from God's; her own. It was the recognition of her will separate from God's will that was the knowledge between Good and evil.

III

To experience Heaven, one is required to endure a life of pain and trials. Just as the success of any obstacle relies on previous practices, so does the experience one might have in Heaven. God gives us many practices in life for this. Because we have gained the knowledge of Good and evil, and now recognized everything as either Good or evil instead of what He intended (Good and empty), God has created a system for us to battle this knowledge. He has separated Good and what we call evil into two categories: Virtue and vice.

IV

Because evil is simply the absence of Good, we must realize that Virtue is fulfillment, and vice is simply the absence of that virtue. As Love and fear are virtue and vice, they are opposites. God gives us relationships to practice this virtue. As a person ignores their fear by emptying their Love into another person, that person must rely on the Hope that the other person will return that Love. Hope is a practice of Faith. Of course, these practices sometimes fail, and sometimes succeed. It is necessary for them to fail at times that we might feel pain. Pain is necessary for when the process does not fail, we feel relief. To feel the relief of fulfillment (virtue); the relief from the emptiness (vice), is to experience Heaven. To feel the regret of sin (vice), the regret from leaving grace (virtue) is to experience Hell. As C.S. Lewis says, we can experience a bit of Heaven and a bit of Hell on Earth.



© 2010 Onatah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great spin on Good and Evil.. as Heaven and Hell do exist on earth.. we are given the roads of choice.. some will know more hell than heaven or heaven than hell.. sometimes it is not a choice.. this was very good for your age and gives great food for thought.. keep it up!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is exactly what I was trying to say with my poem "Heaven". Nice write. You took a broad spectrum of thought and put it into a neat little page and organized paragraphs. You have good word choice as well, it did not confuse me as many people do when they talk about this topic.... I look forward to reading more from you. Best of luck! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, Da Vinci [my new nickname for you], i like this.
Again, it doesnt conform to my beliefs, but it still makes me pay attention.
Very colleg-ey of you.
=D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really good content here, reflective and clear in its consideration. Not only is it an easy read, but I agree with a majority of it..

Posted 14 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

528 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 15, 2009
Last Updated on January 2, 2010



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Saxicolous Saxicolous

A Poem by OT