What did we give up?

What did we give up?

A Poem by Onatah
"

Do you ever wonder?

"
Did those branches in the days of Adam have thorns? From what would they need protection? And did those branches reach down gracefully in the sight of Adam to deliver it's sweetest fruit to that perfect Image of God? Did he, Adam, a prince given everything, who named the creatures of the earth, ever envy the single fruit denied to him?

With what amount of grace did the serpent roam before it was cursed to crawl on it's belly? How kind was the lion before he became proud and ate his brother en?

Is there anything left of that place? Are there still fruits that resemble those from The Garden? What colors did He take away from the land?

© 2011 Onatah


Author's Note

Onatah
Do you ever cry over such wonders as I do?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Personally, I believe that the story of Adam and Eve is intended to be symbolic in nature as well as the serpent... But I enjoyed this very much and it certainly arouses mystery and curiosity...

You force the reader to think both critically and creatively... A sure sign of excellent art. Wonderful flow, too.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i like this piece and i like heirdo's interpretation. The garden of Eden lost its wonder because humans took it with them.

which means we cary the wonders with us.

thumbs up.

Flame

Posted 14 Years Ago


Eve took the colors, and they lay in her eyes, untill she coud see the beauties in her new world, as they adopted colors, so came the emotions we still attribute to them today.

Adam nor Eve knew any emotion before the Fall. And Eve carried emotions out of Eden, and later taught them to Adam. For Adam knew only to be a man, to protect and provide. It was later he knew to love, and it took Adam and Eve years to accomplish such love.

Posted 14 Years Ago



4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1077 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 10, 2010
Last Updated on January 13, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Old Oak Old Oak

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Helena Helena

A Poem by Tate Morgan