Understanding life

Understanding life

A Story by Gcina

Life is not black and white. It is not a smooth road to travel. You are always faced with obstacles along the way, but those obstacles don't define who you are. You are always given an opportunity in life, an opportunity to become a better version of yourself, each and every single day as you wake in the morning and take a deep breath. That is your opportunity, being alive.

There will be times where you question your own existence, your purpose and even question a higher power, God. There will be times where you feel empty, where you feel like a robot in doing your daily chores or activities. You know you're alive but you just feel dead. You become overwhelmed with emotion because you're wondering, "how did I get here?" But most importantly, "how do I get out of this situation"? If you really think about it, nothing lasts forever. Pain is temporary but good times don't last forever either. Love just like life was meant to last forever, but both don't last forever.

To understand life, you must learn to live in the now, even if you're going through a painful time, allow yourself to be vulnerable. Feel that intense pain that you have been suppressing and accept what IS instead of wishing for what might be in future because anticipating a time in future just means you're prolonging what you're meant to deal with now. If you are content, be fully in the moment and do not allow your mind to make you feel otherwise. Soak in the present moment because it won't last forever.

Free yourself from negative thoughts. You are not your negative thoughts unless you believe them. Never underestimate how powerful you are. You limit yourself by believing what others say about you or what you think about yourself. As we're all trying to figure out life, strive to be the best person you can be. Accept who you are, love yourself, be comfortable in your own skin and know that every imperfection is placed perfectly on your canvas which is your body.

© 2015 Gcina


Author's Note

Gcina
Let me know what you think and be honest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on June 15, 2015
Last Updated on June 15, 2015

Author

Gcina
Gcina

East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa



About
I am a free spirit, a realist and versatile. I love writing - I mean hello! I love music, dancing and I'm up for a challenge any time. I like meeting new people.I'm chilled and easy-going :) more..

Writing
Who am I? Who am I?

A Poem by Gcina