A Modest Proposal

A Modest Proposal

A Story by GenMuffin7
"

Essay.

"

 

A Modest Proposal: An Issue of National Security

 

            The preservation of our people must be the true purpose and goal of the U.S. government. When a potential threat surfaces, our administration must rise to combat that evil every step of the way. For this reason, the citizen army of the United States of America occupies the countries of South Korea, Germany, Japan, and more recently, Afghanistan and Iraq. Why, then, is the Islamic Republic of Iran an exception to our even-handed justice?

            Since the 1950’s, Iran has endeavored to attain an able nuclear program, first with the support of the West, but the revolution in Iran brought a change to that. As the dominating world power, we reserve the right to determine which nations deserve a nuclear program, and which do not. The true, underlying intentions of their nuclear program have only recently been brought into light. It is only natural that those religious, Iranian fanatics seek to build nuclear weapons of mass destruction in hopes of destroying our sovereign nation along with those of our allies, resulting in a nuclear holocaust that would spell the end of our reign. Now that the plot has been unraveled, we must take the initiative and abandon all talks and economic sanctions, and bomb the “bejesus” out of them, obliterating the program before they can even dream of retaliating. In fact, in all of our cleverness, we have established their intentions before even they have. Now that the upper-hand is ours, as patriotic Americans, we must rally and support our government in their plans to overthrow the evil puppet that is Mahmoud Ahmadenijad, depose their government and bless them with our democracy, while occupying their capital until all forms of resistance wilt beneath the righteousness of our cause. Perhaps, in time, we can even secure our nation with the acquiring of their surplus oil and gas reserves.

© 2008 GenMuffin7


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on May 27, 2008

Author

GenMuffin7
GenMuffin7

Pleasanton, CA



About
high school junior. love to write, play all sports (esp soccer + football). more..

Writing