Angelic Particles of Jungian Hallucinogens

Angelic Particles of Jungian Hallucinogens

A Poem by Gene Von Banyard
"

Inspired by William Blake's Marriage of Heaven * Hell.

"

Look at me and tell me what you see? “


I would be delighted to hear what concept your frail intellect can conjure up for my delight and disposal. You, who sit there calm and assured of your place in a contemptible society, pacified by rituals of obedience and conformity. You are nothing, placated beyond imaginings and beliefs. Yes, you may gain material status and satisfaction of the visible but what is all that truly worth compared to the gift of imagination? I have a far more satisfying gift - the dark. I do not merely refer to the nocturnal or the inexorable axis but the dark of Man. I dare you to melt down the barriers: the stifling configurations of reason and logic. Open the gates of horn and ivory, embrace your dreams and memorable fancies, imaginings fantastic! Let the Shadow become one with the Self, open wide the collective unconscious and dance within the fires of Hell!


Ah but alas, I see a contemptuous disgust etched onto your face. You feel that I am an abomination in the eyes of God? Well, let Your God, gaze into the abyss of a fire sublime. Watch as He receives impressions and fleeting glimpse, hallucinatory images of the blasphemous kingdom of his own banished desires. Watch as he concentrates on fragments of the liminal. Does he see how they twist out of true into mortifying configurations of the perverse and depraved?

I also have journeyed there. I have spread my wings and flown through infinite skies. I have scaled great heights of molten lava and brimstone. Adornments from the nether-reaches of my soul I have placed respectfully upon majestic throne.


So go on, tell me what you see?”


I would love to know.


© 2015 Gene Von Banyard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on September 3, 2015
Last Updated on September 3, 2015

Author

Gene Von Banyard
Gene Von Banyard

Australia



About
Poet & Performance Artist. more..

Writing