Nowhere,  Nothing & Today

Nowhere, Nothing & Today

A Poem by Gene Von Banyard

Curios, quirks and delirium

Tales, memories and blackness

Rumor, hearsay and trepidation

Violence and defiant resignation

We have run to the hills, to resplendent vineyard and tranquil waters (we never look back lest we become pillars of salt blown away by the dust of our own memory), attempting to rebuild many a tower fallen, many a dream lost, many a flame snuffed out. There are of course pitfalls to every great plan and this town has many a hole gaping wide. Boredom, frustration and depression lead to many an act vile and corrupt but, not unlike the femme- fatale, guile and charm may imbue the most irksome of circumstance with sensuous tones and shades of the grave.

What will it take sweet faerie? Twisted, puckering angel, tinkering away at my interest and ruining my ill begotten design. The factor of doubt is inclusive of all. Once, only once never again, will I ride love’s merry-go-round. Do I want to join such a facile parade and carve an anatomical travesty from a meeting of circumstance? An occasion-less evening of debauchery notated by scars and reflected on through a veil of poisoned tears? Leaden is my heart as beauty smiles, casting a web of adoration across my shadow of scorn.


I fall. I fall deep, long and black into a well forgotten by ivy and forgiven by brier. I am far too weak to climb over so I sink below, beneath and beyond all that anyone has ever known of me.


Fallen Angel

Mystic Scribe

Poisoned Hermit

Indulgent Dandy

Pitiless Fool


An artless cause that binds me to scenic mire as the promised land taunts, looms, beckons and b*****s to me over the sentient waters. Clawing at a mockery of Horn and Ivory, immersed in the miasma of forbidden memory, I reproach as much as I embrace. I have fallen in love with a living death, adorning despair as a bridal gown, a dying bride wedded to a carnival of the unbearably familiar. Another bottle falls, another vessel drained, another night of ill collected terror and another day of cutting my heart into a million and one pieces ugly. A resurrection of the rotting Christ as his flesh, flagellated and dripping feeds the scurrying children of Iscariot. 

© 2016 Gene Von Banyard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on January 15, 2016
Last Updated on January 15, 2016

Author

Gene Von Banyard
Gene Von Banyard

Australia



About
Poet & Performance Artist. more..

Writing