Agoraphobia

Agoraphobia

A Story by Ms. Gabbi

 

I began to drop my head, and put my hands in my pockets while I slowly advanced towards the direction of Brianna MacAffee. At 2:47 pm on the weekdays Briana is at Pete’s Fish and Chips for her first lunch break of the day, She is a doctor and works a 12-hour shift at the Mobile Infirmary Medical Center in Daphne, Alabama.

Ever since Bri was my Physics partner my junior year at Baldwin County High I haven’t been able to settle my thoughts. I’ve failed to pin-point the emotions I feel towards her, maybe physical attraction, hatred, fear, possibly enviousness. Brianna MacAfee is my worst nightmare, I am debating whether it’s impossible to egress out of this non-sense introspection some worthless high-school girl has caused me.

          It’s currently 2:53 pm on a Monday morning, I have managed to sneak some scrubs as a disguise, visiting hours end at three-thirty and I won’t take any chances. I’m walking down the hall when I see her exit from room 3574, I make a sharp turn and go into a custodian closet. Since Bri has worked here for several years it’s hard to fake as an employee, she knows the staff and it would shatter my plans in an instant. I slowly open the closet to see if the hallways vacant, with a brief glance I slide out between the door and swiftly start walking towards room 3574. It’s occupied by Philip Spears, I am suddenly finding myself flipping through the pages of the clipboard attached to the wall by the room number, then I see it, the perfect distraction “Philip Spears: PATIENT MUST RECEIVE OXYGEN UNTIL AUTHORIZED BY DOCTOR. LUNG CANCER, MUST RECEIVE MACHINE SYSTEM PUMP 4ABL”. I looked around the hallway to check if the coast was clear and proceeded to walk in sharing glances with a young male, a college student I assume. I could see the doubt in his eyes as I walked towards him. After a few minutes of my self-conscious sneaking its way into my thoughts the doubt disappeared. I pulled the plug and watched his helpless body wiggle around until his eyelids slowly shut as the medical equipment began to send obnoxious noises into my ears, with every beep the sound pierced into my head.

          Bri sprinted into the room with 3 nurses following; I figured she would be alone. I've been hiding in the bathroom for about an hour and 13 minutes while they've attempted to rescue this boy Philip, I’m getting impatient plus my bladder is going to explode any moment now. I’m going to make my move in 7 minutes, I will leave the bathroom and blockade all 4 of them in front of the door after I shut it…

          I’m waiting for the clock to strike 4:00 pm but my heart is speeding and I’m starting to perspire. I have less than a minute, It’s the ninth inning and the bases are loaded if I don’t pull out my gun in enough time Brianna Lynn MacAffee will still be alive, now’s my time to shine.

          In an instant I’m swinging my baby, my Remington 870 20-Gauge shotgun out from behind my back, I slide out of the bathroom and go for the door. I catch glances with Bri first and I watch her double take as she realized my firearm, and then another look in astonishment to know that she recognizes me. I shut the door and look around the room at the young nurses. I walk towards Bri and laugh with a notorious smirk “Don’t you worry dear, I’m savin’ the best for last! ”. I said with a silly smirk, I turn around and look at the fear taking over the nurses bodies as they begin to tremble, they are such weak minded creatures. The first nurse is an Asian female about 5’1 or 5’2, a short bob haircut and solid purple scrubs. The second nurse is a Caucasian male about 6’2 with navy blue scrubs, a scrawny thing too. The third nurse is an African-American female around 5’9, big glasses and bright yellow scrubs with pink polka dot flowers. I walk up to the boy first and c**k my shotgun and aim to his head.. “STOP!” I heard a screech from the Asian girl in corner of the room, she’d had yelled at the stop of her lungs. I chuckled for a second and walked closer to her, then I proceeded to put the gun to her head and asked “What is it that you think yelling will do b***h?”, with a look of dread on her face she turned pale while warm tears streaked down her cheeks. I pulled the trigger and watched the blood splatter on the wall as I saw the 3 others look away in disgust. I pushed the young woman out of my way as she collapsed to my feet. I lined the last girl and the Caucasian boy in line and took them out within a matter of seconds, and now my treasure the one I’ve been waiting for a lifetime to get rid of.

I found gauze and and tied Brianna’s hands to the rail of the dead patients bed frame, I began to burn her legs with a lighter and pool chlorinator. I am now debating whether to shoot her in the head or slit her throat. It’s now 5:30 pm and I don’t have much time until people start making assumptions. I jabbed a surgery knife into Brianna Macaffee’s stomach 7 times, I sat there on the floor in relief.

          My name is Christian Niell Phorker, I am a 47 year old man, I graduated with the class of 1983. Today is the first time I’ve been outside of my house in 29 years. I have been diagnosed with Agoraphobia, the fear of going outside. It was my plan today to kill Brianna Lynn MacAffee. I have eliminated my target.

© 2014 Ms. Gabbi


Author's Note

Ms. Gabbi
I believe I corrected all grammar errors, please let me know if I missed anything. and I would greatly appreciate it if I could receive some feedback. I just recently started writing Short Stories and this is the first one I ever wrote. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on June 4, 2013
Last Updated on August 26, 2014
Tags: murder, obsession, killing, serial killer, obsessed, mental disorders, agoraphobia, phobias, crazy people, blood, no shame, brutal, harsh, disgust, sick