Les Libertine I

Les Libertine I

A Story by C. Von Lichtenstein
"

The story of two anarchists in the bourgeiouse

"

Les Libertines I

Freedom!

Oh yes, sweet freedom.

 I had often envisioned it in my mind. Yes, the way the aristocracy was going it was out of control. These decadent morons, feasting and breeding and wasting away in their rich filth! It makes me sick and I did not realize how sick it made me until I noticed I was one of them. My father is wealthy; perhaps one of the wealthiest lords here in France. He is noble and respectable and now, pretty much sits in the King’s lap like a little dog. It’s amazing how much my father had changed once a mind of his own and now he simply agreed with anything the king had to say and I was only eighteen when I noticed it. Eighteen when I noticed how degraded my father was, what kind of bourgeoisie we were… I saw myself in my custom dress, the food, the chocolate…everything. I could not get my mind off of how brainwashed we were and not once did I think of the commoners under us. I simply grew bored of this lifestyle and then I had such a blasphemous thought in my mind! I knew the people were getting restless and I had lived for so long. I lived under all of the French monarchies and now as we grew closer. Science was taking over, more free ideas were coming in and the French monarchies could not stop them.

People were repeatedly put in the Bastille, prisons were overcrowding.

It was disgraceful.

I had better thoughts in my mind though. I was to fund anarchists; I would give them as much support as I could, in secrecy, of course. The idea occurred to me one day that the monarchy needed to go.  I donated everything anonymously to make sure the rebels could prevail in the end. They could not have done much without me, but now I stood in silence. I stood in the decadence that was our society and smirked to myself knowing what was to happen. We were planning to overthrow the monarchy. The plan was dangerous and I was working closely with a few people who were in on the cause. I had entered a new world now, a world of dangerous and excitement. I wanted to be caught; I wanted the world to know that I was against the monarchy that I was in favor of something else. I wanted anarchy. I wanted to see the lives of the rich crumble before their eyes scattering around like a frightened bug before I squashed them.

It was now I was Anonymous and I was to remain anonymous.

For now.

 

Tbc

© 2010 C. Von Lichtenstein


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on June 17, 2010
Last Updated on June 17, 2010

Author

C. Von Lichtenstein
C. Von Lichtenstein

Paris, France



About
I am a French writer...not really writing in French per se. I'm really....eccentric. I tend to write about whatever is on my mind fictional things, things human struggle with love, companionship, erot.. more..

Writing