Dreamscape

Dreamscape

A Story by Gmoneywis
"

A short horror story about two brother, one of which goes missing in the hands of a mysterious being.

"

I hear a loud banging downstairs. I looked over to see if James heard it too, but he's not in his bed. I decide to take it upon myself to go downstairs and investigate the noise. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I was a little relieved to see James opening and closing the fridge.



“James, what are you doing?” I asked semi-casually. Immediately after I finished my sentence, James stopped banging the fridge door. I started to get a little worried and scared, I opened my mouth to ask if he was okay, but before the words could escape my mouth, he starts to turn around.



The sound of the rain outside sounded like nails against the window. I started to panic and wanted to run. He is finally face to face with me now. What I saw frightened me. He had a giant wide-eyed grin across his face. He starts to laugh, not in a funny way, but in a hysterical sense.



It started out as a slow giggle, but then turned into a blood-curdling laugh. Suddenly, a huge roar of thunder almost knocks me off my feet. I close my eyes, and when I open them, I am in my bed. It must have been a dream all along.



I look over to my side, relieved to find James sound-asleep in his bed adjacent from mine. All of the blood in my body drained from me as I heard the same slamming noise downstairs that was in my dream.



I woke up James and I was finally able to get him to come downstairs to examine the noise. When we both got downstairs however, there was nothing there. We were both about ready to go back upstairs to bed, when we heard a scratching noise come from the garage.



Me and James both look at each other, we were both kind of reluctant to, but we both entered the garage. It took us a minute for out eyes to adjust to the dim lighting. We were both terrified to discover that a dark silhouette of a man scraping his nails on our car. I urged him not to, but James stepped forward.



He asked, “Who are you and what are you doing in our house!?” The man stopped. This was eerily similar to my nightmare I had. He started to turn around, and James slowly started to back away. The man finally turned around, and the smile was just like the one in my dream. Except his eyes were white, but they weren’t the color white, it was like they were rolled back too far back into his head.



James told me to go call the police, so I ran as fast as I could to the phone and dialed 9-1-1. I told the operator that there was someone in our house, and that they needed to come fast. He told me they would dispatch someone to come right away. James then told me to run and hide under my bed. We both ran up the stairs.



We almost got up one flight before we hear the thundering footsteps behind us. James tripped on one of the steps, and the man leaped up almost an entire flight of stairs before tackling James. He told me to keep running, but my adrenaline was so high that I didn’t take notice to the entire affair.



After about an hour or so of hiding under the bed, I heard the police breakdown the door, and I came out from under the bed. James and the man were nowhere to be found. I explained to them everything that happened, and showed them the scratches on the car. They said that although they may look human like, they would need further investigation of the matter, and a missing persons report was filed.


It has been about 5 years since the incident. I have tried to clear my mind of it, but I still get flashbacks. I sold the house that the incident took place in, but I still have the car. One day was all it took for everything to change for the worst. The police, me, news reporters, and investigators still haven’t found my brother James. He has become an internet personality for many conspiracy theorists, and paranormal investigators.





© 2018 Gmoneywis


Author's Note

Gmoneywis
Please give me good suggestions on how to improve my plot-designing abilities.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on May 9, 2018
Last Updated on May 9, 2018
Tags: creature, entity, horror

Author

Gmoneywis
Gmoneywis

Woodstock, GA



About
I am an amateur writer looking for some beginner experience to writing and posting online. more..