Romanticide

Romanticide

A Poem by Georgie Mac
"

A tribute to the undead.

"

Cry little sister "

The Hellions are dead.

Marked ghouls of myth discern into ash.

 

Reckoned in theatrical rectitude, monuments now twinkle.

Let us balderdash these unscrupulous marvels,

Pining In ecstasy for the removal of they’re craniums.

 

Quickly cast a blaze and strike with sturdy oak, pierce with the grain.

Ones death never lightly seen, nor two the same to part,

Some will exclaim and some will wheeze; all will rupture.

 

Oh blood legends! Those proclaimed eternal, enemies of old-

Please return to us a worthy foe - A beast of devil deeds.

Grant us adversity, thwarted we’ll tend our bleeding collars.

 

Sentiments for Dichotomy. In love of thrill and tradition.

Blissful in the mistral, we muse to hate our crimson shades.

Enrapture in deaths. This is our Romanticide.   

© 2011 Georgie Mac


Author's Note

Georgie Mac
This is a snappy poem that pays homage to the likes of Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee, even Kiefer Sutherland. Back when the undead were cool, and EVIL. Not like the prancing half wits twinkling on our screens at the moment. Hope you like it, all reviews are welcome, what do you guys think on the subject?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Cry little sister The Hellions are dead" are my favorite lines.
This poem gives me a feeling of nostalgia for romanticism. This poem is rather straight forward to me but surely I will mull it over for another two hours.
Also this poem seems to speak much of how I feel. I've been writing about monsters for a long time and I hate to think that the horror spectrum is stained with teenage love stories.
Keep up the beautiful work :]

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Not like the prancing half wits twinkling on our screens at the moment." indeed!

You have also payed homage to the likes of Mary Shelly..and many others who wrote of the world of the (truly freightening) undead, just as PJ said.

The trash on TV turns my stomach..

enjoyed

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
LOL to the authors note..understand totally...the poem..has the Mary Shelley feel, a classical english tone with the phrasing of romantic laments ..just up my street..

Posted 13 Years Ago


Fascinating choice of words, quite a convaluted poem. The reader must apply a bit of thought to comprehend your work. I, personally, am fond of exercising the grey cells.
I caught a mispelling, second verse, second line, I believe the word you want is "balderdash", as in nonsense, bladder-dash would be running to the toliet to urinate. LOL
All in all, I like this piece, but then I have fond memories of watching old style vampire movies as a kid.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2011
Last Updated on January 30, 2011
Tags: Cry, Sister, Death, Vampire, Worthy, Blood

Author

Georgie Mac
Georgie Mac

Portsmouth, Hampshire, United Kingdom



About
I'm easily the most tangible fictional character your ever likely to meet.... So here one is; with ye oldie, slash newish...and somewhat fantastical tales to tell, Savvy?... more..

Writing
Lobsterboy Lobsterboy

A Story by Georgie Mac



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..