Between The Hours of Two and Four

Between The Hours of Two and Four

A Poem by Prince Of Roses

Between the hours of two and four, when the moon is some where over head, I lay awake, unable to sleep.

It's winter, and I'm not cold. Because my blanket is very thick. It's the loneliness I feel, at this hour, that makes my heart hurt.

Between the hours of two and four, at roughly two twenty, I lay awake, unable to sleep.

It's January, and I've grown so old, because my birthday was yesterday. I'm only eighteen, but I feel so frail. My joints ache from laying so still, petrified in thought.

Between the hours of two and four, I've given up on sleep, my anxiety shivers when the blanket is thrown off.

It's Friday, thank god, I say.
Though I have no purpose but to sleep when I'm not supposed to.
And before it I know it, it's Monday, between the hours of two and four, where the moon is somewhere over head, and my loneliness, and anxiety, and the stars align behind my eyes.

I lay awake, unable to sleep.

© 2017 Prince Of Roses


Author's Note

Prince Of Roses
This is a collection of thoughts from a time when I couldn't quite fall asleep.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think your writing is beautiful.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 5, 2017
Last Updated on May 5, 2017
Tags: #depression #insomnia

Author

Prince Of Roses
Prince Of Roses

Hampton Cove, AL



About
Hello! I am an 18 year old music producer and writer. I write about my mental illnesses. more..

Writing