Preview of novel

Preview of novel

A Story by Giancarlo
"

A preview of the kind of book I am writing

"

In the year 2179, after many years of infighting and constant warring against each other. The Humans of Earth finally became a single entity after discovering Cold fusion technology.

This sparked the idea to reform with most of the governments of Earth to colonize the milky way.

We already had some stations and colonies but they were all in close proximity to earth.

Further colonization outside our own system was unpractical and too expensive to even endeavour.

At that time a long range fusion drive was theorised but the energy requirements were too much at the time. However with the discovery of cold fusion technology such a drive became possible.

But now with that new technology  the age of expansion and exploration started for the newly formed Planetary Alliance (P. A.)

 

Sixty years after the peace treaty of earth had been signed and the Age of Expansion and Exploration started, an exploration vessel named Hyperion started the events which led to the Exploration wars.

In this war humanity formally known as the Human Planetary Alliance (H. P. A.) or formerly know before alien contact as Planetary Alliance (P. A.) fought against the Lyconian Republic.

This war was started when deep space explorer PA Hyperion stumbled upon an old relic, a space station.  They started to explore the station and scavenge it for useful technology.

However it activated an ancient transmitter placed on the station by the Lyconian Republic.

Once activated they sent a small fleet to respond to the threat in their eyes.

Because our crew was exploring and scavenging the station they stayed there for a few days, but the fleet of the Lyconian Republic was on their way, but took a while because of they used a Phase Lanes.

The Lyconian Republic used Phase Lanes as a means of travelling but in order to get somewhere they needed to use existing space lanes which also need gates and stations, it was however faster than the Human fusion drive.

For short range they used a FTL Drive which could perform small jumps at FTL speed.

However our drive was not confined to phase lanes and could travel in any direction.

When they arrived they saw something new, us the humans.

They had never encountered us before so they were a bit wary of what an unknown species was doing to their old listening post.

So out of precaution and a bit of fear they readied their weapons and headed towards the “unknown” vessel. 

The H.P.A. vessel was in disarray and began to panic when a unknown alien vessel approached with active weapons.

The captain responded with an immediate evacuation of all personal on the alien station.

The exploration vessel was armed with weapons and a squadron of four fighters so the captain immediately launched the fighters and armed his weapons and activated the Testudo system. The alien vessel now seeing a unknown vessel arming its weapons and launching smaller craft.  It starts to see this situation more as an act of aggression than an first encounter.  It tries to contact it’s home planet to ask for advice on the situation.  But they encounter a weird field emanating from the vessel  and thought they were being jammed. However the human ship was warming up its fusion drive so it could escape from this situation and re-evaluate its options when its safe, but it has to wait on its personal which is still on the station trying to evacuate from it.

 The alien vessel unable to communicate and in a dire situation with an unknown enemy, signals it's escort to open fire on the unknown ship in order to disable it.

All three ships fire upon the human vessel and the human vessel takes out most of the fires with the Testudo system. However some fire came through and hit the ship on the side.

The humans responded in kind by firing their missile pods and coil gun.

They targeted  the battle cruiser and send their fighters after the escort. The missiles hit their target but did little damage on their armour.

However the coil guns were more effective and barely penetrated the armour and damaged the vessel. The hit penetrated into their communication hub and knocked it out.

The alien vessel fired again and now lightly damaged the human vessel by hitting the docks for fighters.

The fighters were less successful and only did light damage to the escort.

Meanwhile the evacuation was complete and all personal was aboard.

The human vessel recalled its fighter to stick within 20 metres of the vessel so they could use the fusion drive bubble to jump away with the main vessel.

The firing continued  between the ships while the human vessel tried to secure all its personal and jump away.

When the human vessel was about to jump one of the escort vessel that was heavily damaged by rail gun fire from the main human vessel rammed the human ship and knocked out the kinetic barrier and heavily damaged the fusion drive.

Put in this dire situation the captain decided to end it and fired al weapons on the most likely point were the control centre would be of the vessel.

The fire was enough to destroy the main battle cruiser, leaving a destroyed wreck. 

Before the human ship was able to redirect its fire to the last remaining alien vessel it jumped away. Unable to pursue the vessel the human ship used sub-light speed to run away from the site and repair the damage to the fusion drive as fast as possible.

When the damage was fixed so far as was humanly possible because of the damage the crew set its coordination to earth with the highest speed possible and send out a general S.O.S. to all military channels.

The message was the following: “This is the A.P. exploration vessel Hyperion seeking immediate help from any military vessel nearby.

We were attacked by an unknown alien vessels and received heavy damage.

I repeat we require immediate military support.” 

When the exploration ship was near the end of the unexplored Chromos sector it's signal was received by Gaia station, a military forward operation base for the resupply of ships and dock for military ships.

When the base commander read the message he reacted with disbelieve and ignored the message until it could be confirmed it was from a valid source.

When it was confirmed it was from the Hyperion the base commander declared Defcon one throughout the station and the vessels whom were docked at that moment.

The four vessel who were docked were two heavy cruisers, one carrier and an light missile ship.

They were ordered to intercept the Hyperion and assist with any means necessary.

The commander send a word to the high command of the P.A. and awaited it response of how to handle the situation next. 

The human response fleet jumped away and headed to the Hyperion with high speed and weapons ready.

It would take four days to reach the Hyperion with maximum speed.
The Hyperion limping home detected half way to the interception point that a intruder was aboard from the other ship which rammed the Hyperion and got stuck in the side of the vessel.

When investigating the life form detected by the sensors the discovered the alien.

It was dying from his wounds he had internal bleeding and his chest was partly open.

When isolation and containment was implemented, the alien was transferred to the med bay and examined.

They could figure out very little of his physiology but the doctor onboard stopped the internal bleeding and sewed up the alien to let him recover.  

However the problem was aiding the alien because of its different physiology and evolution. This means if there was to develop an infection it would be dead. Because we would be unable to assist it.

© 2016 Giancarlo


Author's Note

Giancarlo
do you like the idea?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on April 1, 2016
Last Updated on April 1, 2016