Words of Worship

Words of Worship

A Poem by David McNeeley

I'm here now in a place of beauty-filled with those I love, and though I move among them, all are silent and few attempt to sing without my on their back. None will speak to me, and when I inquire why? It's too hot, I'm too tired they say. Outrageous you say? Maddening, I know it may seem. Why I am here, I can't see, oh, there we go, one speaks my name and offers to dance with me. Oh, Joy! What happened ? Are you all so angry you won't open up,  dumbfounded by what your friend has done. To lift your hands is not permitted here? Then why do we dance so freely; me and, and your associate. My people where are you? Zion why do ye sleep? When did your position become one of slumber children? Your voice should shout my praises not whisper gossip!This is not the silence of reverence, but of refusal to move in worship of the King of kings. Oh, if you change not, you will die! Please listen and learn my words of worship.

© 2014 David McNeeley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on December 20, 2014
Last Updated on December 20, 2014

Author

David McNeeley
David McNeeley

La Crosse, WI



About
I started writing around Middle School, right about the time I started noticing girls, but as time has progressed I feel my writing has flowed into other areas as well. I wish to hear Feedback on my w.. more..

Writing
Sing Sing

A Poem by David McNeeley





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5