Heartbreaking

Heartbreaking

A Story by Himaya Ka
"

I’m afraid that the LORD has to shout just to catch their attention.

"

DAILY IN THE WORD

May 28, 2021


Heartbreaking

 

Luke 15:4-7

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?  5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. 7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

 

     It’s heartbreaking for me to know that some of my fellow servants of God who are used to be so close to my heart and to God, cannot be seen anymore in church because they fall into sin; they totally disconnect themselves from the fellowship because they’re thinking that they’re being judged and condemned. They believe that people are against them. As much as possible I want to reach them out, but how can I do it if they don’t like to be found. When it seems to you that the more you chase them, the more they run away from you. Human as I am, I get tired too, though I know I should not. When I look and go back to Jesus, who am I to surrender? If there is someone who should understand and show grace to these kind of people, it should be me, because just like them, there are points in my life that I also failed the LORD. Our failure may not be the same, but in the eyes of God, sin is sin, regardless of how big or small it is. So, giving up should not be an option.

 

      I hope I could let them know that my silence doesn’t mean that I’m offended with their response, it’s just that I don’t like to be so pushy with them.  I respect their decision, and I also understand my limitations. I am not God, and I don’t have the power to change how they feel and what they’re thinking. But with all sincerity, I’m waiting for them to tell me, “Glory, we are ready, do you have any idea where should we start?” I hope and I pray that this day would really come. For now, the only thing that I can do for them is to pray, and wait until the LORD will speak to them. I believe that if they are really the children of GOD, they will hear Him. If they won’t, I’m afraid that the LORD has to shout just to catch their attention. I’m not wishing that something bad will happen, but I believe through the testimony of others that the LORD also works this way.

 

 

THE PRAYER

 

Dear Jesus,

 

Thank You, dear LORD for showing to me Your great example in reaching out the lost. I’m sorry if my silence is wrong. If I have to go back to them, please give me wisdom how to deal with them. Help me not to get tired or maybe hurt with their negative response. Give me the courage to pursue them if I should. However, if You want me to let go, then set me free from the burden. I ask all these things in Jesus name. Amen!

© 2021 Himaya Ka


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on May 28, 2021
Last Updated on June 3, 2021

Author

Himaya Ka
Himaya Ka

Cebu City, Visayas, Philippines



About
...WRITING TO EXPRESS NOT TO IMPRESS I am God's creation. I am a child of God. I am redeemed. I am loved. I am secured. I am saved. POETRY IS LIKE A CUP OF COFFEE THAT I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT .. more..

Writing