Heart Ache

Heart Ache

A Story by Another Mayfly
"

Two experiences close to my heart, written when my then boyfriend left for china for six months.

"

Her whole life before now had been nothing but a dream to her. She walked through blindly, oblivious and somehow ended here where her life finally began. Her whole being shuddered. Her very core trembled. Her heart leapt with fear, she wasn’t scarred not even slightly. It was the fact that she was handing over herself in her eternity and for a brief moment she paused. She belonged to him now; her heart beats with his, her breath runs at his pace and they were one. Not just for one moment as their hands clasped each other’s under the silk sheets that shrouded their pleasure but rather always. She knew that what they had created was precarious but it was a temptation she couldn’t resist.

***

 She wanted to bath in him, feel his breath on her neck, his arms firm around her waist. Yet physical touch was no longer an option at the present. His mind excited her but she longed for his soft lips to caress her neck. Yet the thing she craved most of all was to know his mind, emotions. He had her heart there was no question of that but did she have his? She yearned to know whether he loved her still and every word he failed to utter was a dagger in her. All these thoughts, this haze that had surrounded her, consumed her; all triggered by one question “what does the words heart ache really mean?” directed at her from a teacher who seemed to gorge on the wonders of the English language. Her reply was emotive, “ache is constant unfaltering pain over the loss of that which you hold most dear” her own heart not only ached but throbbed, bleeding profusely from his absence.

© 2015 Another Mayfly


Author's Note

Another Mayfly
read as two seperate events/experiences.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed the beautiful story.
“ache is constant unfaltering pain over the loss of that which you hold most dear”
The above lines were my favorite. Your description sensitive and real. Thank you for sharing the outstanding short story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


Another Mayfly

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for all your comments. You have been so kind! I'm glad you found it sensitive and .. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
I enjoyed this. It could evolve and be the basis for an excellent and very romatic tale, if you want it to do that.

There are a few errors that stop a reader's eye for a second. These would disapper if you expanded the story.

Thanks
Cooper

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2014
Last Updated on September 17, 2015
Tags: romantic, love, loss, ache, pain, saddness

Author

Another Mayfly
Another Mayfly

United Kingdom



About
Writing is a world which enables me to explore aspects of myself that are limited by society and reality. The more I explore the less I desire to return to reality. more..

Writing