Sun and Flowers

Sun and Flowers

A Story by GintareKlein
"

Love is the hardest habit to break, and the most difficult to satisfy.

"

Love is the most exciting feeling in the world. Every person has a flower inside of them and love is like an eternal sun which makes this flower blossom. Love never fades so the flower never sleeps and that’s why even when you’re asleep or away from your lover you feel blissfully happy…

“You’re drivelling.” Interrupted Cupid, rolling the arrow between his fingers. He was slouched on the couch and looking absolutely bored. His short blond hair was messy as usual and he was dressed as casually as an immortal person could.

A little crease appeared between Muse’s eyebrows as she frowned. She thought she was doing a decent job writing about love because this was exactly how she was feeling about Inspiration. The ideas have been flying in her head for months now but she couldn’t find the right words. However, this morning, as soon as she opened her eyes, they were there.

“Don’t listen to him, sweetie.” Said Inspiration, coming to kneel next to Muse who was still looking intently at the paper in front of her. “He’s just a cynical b*****d.”

“But he’s the Love God.” Muse pursed her lips, looking up at her lover and then at the Cupid who now was flipping over some gossip magazine. He glanced at the Muse from the corner of his eye and smirked. “If he says I’m drivelling, it means I am.”

Inspiration rolled his eyes. “He’s never been in love, Muse. How can he know those things?”

Muse nodded in agreement but when she looked back at the paper she couldn’t continue. Now, that Cupid said that she was waffling, she realized that those words were… empty. How can you write about such a wonderful feeling as love? In order to know, you have to feel. Maybe she should just stick to realistic things, seeing as describing her feelings in words didn’t seem to work?

She brushed a piece of dark hair that had fallen into her eyes and placed the paper on the ground, leaning back into Inspiration’s chest. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her temple lovingly, making Cupid scoff but both of them were so wrapped up in each other that they hadn’t noticed the rest of the world.

“Someone’s jealous.” Commented Vanity who was painting her nails. She hadn’t looked up from her hands but knew that Cupid was scowling at her. Vanity didn’t like Muse too much because that meant that she had to share attention with someone but after hundreds of years of living together, she learnt to tolerate the fact that when Muse was in the room, Cupid’s and Inspiration’s attention won’t be focused on her.

“Why would I be?” Cupid rolled his eyes and got back to reading the magazine. However, he couldn’t help but look at the two sweethearts who were whispering sweetly and nuzzling softly.

“Please.” Vanity rolled her eyes. “I’m the most beautiful girl in this entire universe but you just can’t stop looking at her. It’s clear as day that you’re in love with her. That’s why you hate Inspiration and he hates you. I might be vain but I’m not blind.”

“I’m not in love with her.” Cupid mumbled, looking down. For a moment he was silent before he stood up and walked towards his room. As he walked by Muse and Inspiration, he picked up Muse’s notebook and brought it to his room where he just sat and looked at the words written by her.

Love is like a sun. It can make our flower blossom or it can kill her. Just like you’re killing me.

© 2011 GintareKlein


Author's Note

GintareKlein
Okay, this is the first time I've ever published something in English. Be nice and tell me what you think. There might be mistakes with tenses (I'm still not sure where I want to be - past, present or future).

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on September 10, 2011
Last Updated on September 10, 2011
Tags: love, fantasy

Author

GintareKlein
GintareKlein

Kaunas, Lithuania



About
Hello everyone! My name is Gintare Klein. I am a European writer. :) I'm still in High School so yes, I'm young. But that doesn't mean that my writings are bad. Actually, many people say that I hav.. more..