The infinite Action

The infinite Action

A Story by G!o

John’s alarm rung at 6.00am as always to wake him up and prepare for work, but today, John was still exhausted from the fun he had the previous night with his girlfriend to be Julia. So instead of waking up, he stretches his hand and accidentally knocks the clock to the floor, leaving the clock broken. At 8.00am, Julia is disturbed by the absence of John at work, and she decides to call him. John still suffering from confusion; he rushes outside his house and accidentally steps on a ball that was left at his doorstep by the neighbor’s kid. He trips landing on his butt, leaving him with a scratch on his arm.

He furiously walks into the neighbor’s house to find the mother of the kid, Jenny, sleeping on the couch. He yelled at Jenny on how irresponsible she is, and how she shouldn’t even think of herself as a mother. As he walks out, he slams the door behind him, leaving Jenny jaw-dropped. Jenny, in the meanwhile, is thinking of how life at her house has become a living hell. She takes a few minutes to think of how minutes before John walked in, she prayed for a miracle, for someone to walk in and tell her that everything is going to be alright. She regains her conscience, picks her phone, and calls her husband Jeremy who happens to be interviewing someone for a job and asks for a divorce.

Upon hearing this news, Jeremy reacts by shouting at the interviewee (who happens to qualify for the job) for accidentally knocking the files on the table to the floor as she was standing up. He continues to tell the interviewee that the company doesn’t need mindless people and under-educated like her. Jessica, the interviewee, who happens to be turned down now for the seventh time in a row, leaves the office hurt and disappointed at the fact that her parents could not afford to take her to a college that she wanted and to study what she wanted. She leaves the building crying and considering herself not worthy of anything. She suddenly gets a call from her boyfriend Jude who wanted to meet her for coffee.

After roughly fifteen minutes, Jessica joins Jude at a café, Jude looks happy and optimistic in his heart, knowing that Jessica had forgiven him for the infidelity he had with Judith a couple of weeks ago. In her heart, Jessica is happy at the thought of at least spending the afternoon with the one she loves. As she sits down at the table, trying to hide the pain of losing another job opportunity, she fakes a smile to please Jude. They start a chat, but after some time, Jude notices she is not really up for talking and fumes at her that she can’t let go of little things even after apologizing. Not able to take it anymore, she yells at him and walks out on him, leaving him sitting.

Jude leaves the café infuriated and makes a call to Joel his friend. After a few minutes, Joel pulls by, and Jude hopes in his car. Along the way, Joel asks Jude why the sad face but instead, the short-tempered Jude rudely answers Joel. This offends Joel, and the two friends involve themselves in a verbal fight. Joel pays a little attention to the road and accidentally hits a girl that was coming outside a bookstore from buying his to-be boyfriend a novel that he so much wanted. The screech of the accident draws attention to the pedestrians and those in the nearby buildings.

Meanwhile, John, who was being lectured by his boss Jade for reporting late to work, stands there lost in thoughts about the next date he would have with Julia tonight. Suddenly a fellow worker, Jasmine, rushes in and alerts them of the accident outside. John manages to squeeze himself through the packed crowd outside and manages to see Julia covered in blood, lying next to her is the book he was telling her about the previous night. 

© 2019 G!o


Author's Note

G!o
Okay so this actually is not much of a serious thingy. I was just on my wordplay with names staring with letter J and i decided to make something out of it and pass a message of how we should be careful with how we socialize with others. How a small act can lead to a massive damage. It's just a word play. Anyway your comments and reviews are all welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

just so how the things you do affect those around you


Posted 10 Years Ago


Not only fun to read, but real - we can identify with this guy`s day.Good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


gud

Posted 11 Years Ago


I found it to be an enjoyable read. I guess I've always been a sucker for "what goes round, comes around." This was fun.

Posted 11 Years Ago


G!o

11 Years Ago

Thanks glad you found it fun.
This has all sorts of grammar problems, but ignoring that: This was incredibly intricate, and highly intriguing. You told this story really well. This is truly excellent. The ending was easy to see coming (everything circling back around), but that actually made this more interesting, because how it got there is what made this so good. I applaud you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


G!o

11 Years Ago

Lol yeah i know it has like 90% grammatical errors but i enjoyed writing it and it was just wordplay.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on August 13, 2019
Tags: John, Julia, Jeremy, Jenny, Jessica, Jude, Joel, Jade, Jasmine

Author

G!o
G!o

About
Well i love reading and i love writing and like any other writer i just want to be heard...i have a story to tell and few scars to show. I am just a boy trying to stay anonymous in this world where ev.. more..

Writing
Bur/Ning Pa/Ges Bur/Ning Pa/Ges

A Poem by G!o



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..