The Day I Met You

The Day I Met You

A Poem by GirlWithAHeart.
"

September 23rd, 2011 ♥

"
I hear the crowd cheering for the football game.
The stadium lights are so big and bright.
The concessions food fills the air.
I see you, standing and talking to your friends.
I'm standing next to mine, but silent.
We have the same friends, but I've never met you. I've never seen you.
I find myself staring, so I look away.
But your looks bring my eyes up again.
I decide to try and talk to the closest person to me. Can't do it.
Your adorable, beautiful.
Your eyes are brown, and you have an Italian look.
Your smile makes me want to smile too.
Where has this boy came from? You know all my friends.
Why have I never saw him? You must go to my school.
Why don't I say hi? I am too shy.
My friends shift, and I move with them. Like a tag along.
Then I realize, I'm even closer to you.
I'm scared I'm blushing, your just so cute.
I look up at you, not being able to resist.
Your looking at me too.
You smile and start to talk.
"Hi I'm sorry I'm Tony, what's your name?" you say into my eyes.
"Kaitlyn." I swear I'm blushing and smiling just a little too much. I decide short words will keep me safe.
"Nice to meet you." you say. I'm happy you talked first.
Our group splits and I'm just with girls.
We head up the stand's steps, but I don't want to leave you.
What if I don't see you again? But I can't just stay with all the guys, you'll think somethings up.
I'm trying to focus on the game next to the girls, but all I can think about is You.
I look to see if I can find you roaming around below me.
I can't find You. I start to worry.
Then I see you climbing up the steps.
I smile. I couldn't help it.
Your also with your guy friends.
You sit right in front of me and smile.
We talk normally, and I find out a few things.
You just broke up with your girlfriend. Coincidentally, my boyfriend broke up with me a few hours ago.
Is this fate? Am I dreaming? 
Your just so sweet. So kind.
I must know more.
"Can I have your number?" I say confidentially.
"Sure." you say with your beautiful smile.
"You can put me under as Kait."
"You can put me under as Tony."
I'm heading to my friend's house later for her party, I wonder if your invited.
You know her? Why wouldn't you be? Other guys will be there?
Oh I hope you shows up.
"Where are you going after the game?" you ask me. I could feel my heart coming out of my chest.
"To Abbey's for her party. Are you going?" I thought I would faint if you said yes.
"I don't know maybe. I wasn't exactly invited." Damn you Abbey.
Before I knew it, my friends and I had to all jump into Abbey's Mom's car to her house.
There wasn't enough seats, so Josh and I sat in the trunk.
No problem, Josh is my friend.
I pull out my phone, and text You.
I ask you if your coming. 
You say you think so. I start to shake and get butterflies.
I'm sitting in her basement with everyone. I'm just waiting for you to show up.
Were all talking, except me. I'm just listening. 
I can't focus.
I hear voices. Unknown guy voices that did not enter this room till now.
I see one, two, three boys.
One of them is you.
You come and sit by me.
I swear I'll faint.
We just sit, together.
It's time for you to leave, I don't want you to.
I want to talk all night.
I want to be with you. Heal my broken heart.
"Bye Tony." I say disappointed.
"Bye Kait." You come to hug me. Your so warm of comfy.
Don't let go.
You leave the house. But I'm still smiling.
I will never forget the day I met you. We've became friends  since then. Grown stronger for each other. Now, we are dating. After all that nervousness, you tell me one day you've liked me since the night you met me. I've never met a guy like you. If I would have decided to stay home and cry over my ex, I would have never met you. I'm glad I met you. You don't know how you make me feel. I will never forget the day I met you.♥

© 2012 GirlWithAHeart.


Author's Note

GirlWithAHeart.
the day i met my now boyfriend<3 I'm glad I remember!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw, this is unbelievably cute!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so sweet. I loved this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so sweet! I love it. I hope you don't mind if I point out the minor mistakes because some of them a quite distracting, taking away from the sweetness of the poem. So here we go:

Throughout the whole poem you keep switching between 'him' and 'you'. Try to keep it steady the whole way through because then it makes it a lot more clear.

In the third stanza, second line it would be 'seen' him, not 'saw'. Third line; making it 'I'm' rather than 'I am' would keep it flowing better.

Fourth stanza, line one: you wrote 'you says into my eyes'. You have to congregate it. Either 'he says into my eyes' or 'you say into my eyes'.

In stanza five, six, and seven you should take note of the 'he' 'you' thing. And in stanza 6, line 6 you say that you broke up with yours, but it sounds like you broke up with your girlfriend, not boyfriend. :P Unless it's supposed to be like that, it's just not that clear. Like, you could be bi and I have nothing against that. :)

Stanza eight, line two, the first sentence wouldn't be a question. And we don't really know who 'her' is until later and it's kind of confusing. Also the third sentence on line 2 wouldn't be a question either. In line three you say 'Oh I hope you shows up' it show be 'Oh, I hope you show up'. And on line 4 you switch from present tense to past tense. "asked"

Line one of stanza nine, either works but I think 'know' sounds better. Line two: it would be there 'weren't enough seats'. Line four doesn't need a comma. It would be 'you're' not 'your' in line 5. I would separate line 6 and 7 into different stanzas to show time passing by because right now she just magically popped up. (:

2nd to last stanza, first line, saying 'didn't' rather than 'did not' would make it flow better.

Last stanza (finally), third line, second sentence, you say to 'heal your broken heart'. We had never heard anything about your broken heart previously in the poem so it would be a lot more clear if you added to that more in the beginning. Like, you wrote that you broke up with someone but you never said how it hurt or anything.

Line four of the last stanza there should be a comma after 'I say'. And in line 5, last sentence 'you're', not 'your'.

As you can see they're mostly really minor things. I really hope this helped and it's really okay if you don't do anything to it. Sometimes when I get long things like this I'm too lazy to fix anything. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading your poem, and again, I hope the helped.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 8, 2012
Last Updated on April 10, 2012
Tags: love

Author

GirlWithAHeart.
GirlWithAHeart.

My Beautiful World, OH



About
I'm 14. I love to dance and i just got into writing. I hope my story that im working on turns out great because it shows parts of me. please don't plagiarize, if you would like to share my poems give .. more..

Writing