The strawberry-fields

The strawberry-fields

A Story by Frederik Galland
"

A story about three boys, and a very ambitious heist.

"

The strawberry-fields.


The cold wheat grazes and tickles my forehead as I crawl forward.


Our leader quickly puts his hand up in the air, signaling us to stop.


I receive a text-message: “There’s a guy on the street with a flashlight”


I’m about to freak out, what should I do? I don’t want to be caught red-handed!


I receive another text: “you’re all wearing shoes suitable for running, right? Just lay still, and try not to breathe too loud, and hopefully, we won’t be needing them”


The boy in front of me turns his head, and very silently he says: “you’re doing great! We’re almost there, so don’t give up”


He might not know it yet, but these words of encouragement, are more than enough to keep me going.


Now I just need to let this man pass, and then we’ll be able to advance.


A couple of minutes pass by, and I receive another text: “all clear, we’re moving again”


The leader quickly crawls fifty meters in front of us again, to check everything out.


To his right, across the field and street he spots a tiny house, with the lights on.


Luckily, there isn’t anybody in the window, and although the risk of being spotted clearly is there, he decides we should hurry along.


After about 200 meters, we finally reach our destination, the fields of strawberries.


I quickly take of my backpack, to get our boxes out. Handing one to our leaders group, and taking one for myself.


Quickly, we start to grab around the small plants. And fortunately, nobody has had the same idea as us.


After filling the boxes, we put them back in my backpack.


And start to make our way back to the safety of the tall wheat-field.


Swiftly crawling across it, we crawl all the way back to the forest, in one go.


We reach the forest, and crawl into our tent, to get the water.


We wash the berries, and taste-test them, for good measure.


Finally back in the tent, I look at my watch.


“2 in the morning” this heist took longer than expected.


We all laugh, and starts to gobble our reward.

© 2018 Frederik Galland


Author's Note

Frederik Galland
Hit me with all you've got

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on June 15, 2018
Last Updated on June 15, 2018
Tags: boys, teen, theft, crime

Author

Frederik Galland
Frederik Galland

Gistrup, Nordjylland, Denmark



About
What is there to tell about me? I'm a 16-year old boy, currently attending a boarding school with some extra writing classes, because i like to write. (Did that sound stupid?) Anyhow, i really enjoy w.. more..

Writing