Depression

Depression

A Poem by AshleyAynn

How you can come on so fast. So random and unexpected. Slowly progressing and making me weak. You can be too strong for me and I end up falling into your presence allowing taking control me. Bringing me down and making me uncomfortable you push me to be someone I am not. I am constrained by your power and cannot break through the chains of your deceit and lies. I can feel you sweep through my mind convincing me the lies are the truth. You breathe down my neck with your wickedness. You entice me with your tasteful bribery. You are my enemy yet you can be my closest friend. When no one else is there you are waiting right here for me. When you stay around I start to enjoy your presence. I become so intoxicated in your destructive amusement. I can no longer hold myself up and let you take over. I know it is wrong but I am not strong enough to fight back. So what is your plan? You have me in your hands and you are now the authority. You laugh in my misery and take pleasure in my agony. Are you happy now? I have fallen in your trap once again. I am alone and scared. You need me, without me you don’t exist. But now I am aware of where I am and have no desire to be here. Every minute I get stronger and push through your coarse exterior. I break through and am relieved. I’m free and refreshed. I have conquered this battle and will not have to challenge you ever again. You disappear into the night and flee for good. Good bye old friend.

© 2013 AshleyAynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on March 17, 2013
Last Updated on March 17, 2013

Author

AshleyAynn
AshleyAynn

Santa Ana, CA



Writing
Dancing Dancing

A Poem by AshleyAynn


Boat Ride Boat Ride

A Poem by AshleyAynn