A mothers love

A mothers love

A Story by Glen marsh
"

A tale about the boundaries of a mothers love

"

I will never forget what I’m about to talk about, it started when my wife and I were driving home from our short stay with friends.  It was a clear starry night and instead of finding a hotel we drove on, so we would be home earlier and get to spend a lazy day in bed.  As the tiredness kicked in we sang to past the time, sad I know, but it helped.  It was past two in the morning when my wife shouted ‘look a women lying on the road’ I broke off out a daze that had sneaked up on me, and looked through her window and saw a lady laid up on her back.  One knee was pulled slightly up and rested on her other leg, her arm was out stretched and her head rested on it, her lifeless eyes burned into mine.  My heart pounded an extra kick and my skin prickled at this sight.  I started to slow down preparing to stop when my wife shook her head tears welled in her eyes, her face had paled ‘No’ the word choked her she swallowed then said ‘Keep going we will find a phone box, it could be a trap’.  The fear that radiated behind those words prompted me.  My wife has always had her head screwed on right, a sensible person, one I love dearly so I followed her advice, and I drove on as my hands took on a life of their own and shook profusely.

 

As soon as we saw a phone box we pulled over and called the police.  Later the next evening after we had harassed them for information all day we got a call from the police to let us know what came of our call.

 

That night they sent a man to investigate but because there were no obvious land marks that we saw, we could only say she laid about three maybe four miles from the phone box.  The policeman drove on for the remainder of the night until early morning just as he was going to call it quits he saw a shoe lying in the road.  He pulled over to look.  He searched the whole area carefully as he peered over the side of the road that lead down in to a hollow he saw in the dense shrubbery a car.  The roof had been pulled back like a tin can where it had turned on its way down.  The front end was wrapped around the tree that had stopped it.  The woman was still strapped to her seat by her safety belt.  The man looked to the passenger seat and saw a young boy no more than five years old curled up in a foetus position next to his mother.  As he bent down to check for a pulse already thinking the boy was dead, the boy tore a ragged breathe.  He called for back up immediately.

 

When the back up arrived the boy was taken to hospital in an ambulance, the police found that the boy fit the description of a missing persons file made to them recently.  After checking their records they confirmed he was Steven Fuller, his mother was Irene Fuller they had been reported missing five days ago by worried grandparents, after vanishing one day with out a trace.  The boy had been near death seriously dehydrated the doctor said he had been lucky to survive if the police man had been a couple of hours later the boy would have died.   

 

The policemen on the phone told me that there was no way the women could have been on the side of the road, as the coroner said the head injuries suggest she had died instantly on impact.  I was stunned I felt as if I had been slapped.  I was holding my breath when the man said ‘it seems sir you must have seen a ghost’ I listened for any sarcastic tones in his voice but there was none.  ‘If it wasn’t for you and what you saw the boy would not be here now’ he continued.  The hairs on my neck tingled and stood on their ends, I couldn’t suppress the shudder that ran through me as I saw again the women, his mother lying on the side of the road.  I thought no not us, he has his mother to thank, then another thought came to me, there must be no boundaries to a mothers love.  The tears came to my eyes with a reckless abandon then and again later as I related the conversation to my wife, we hugged each other tight and cried the more knowing that we had been involved with something that was paranormal, a true credit to the power of a mothers love.

 

 

© 2009 Glen marsh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. This story is great. It's suspenseful and it pulled me in at the first paragraph. The description was great and the way the story wove together made it enchanting. I also loved the ending. It was so sweet and sad at the same time.
Great piece!!! I can't wait to read your other work!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 18, 2009
Last Updated on April 21, 2009

Author

Glen marsh
Glen marsh

Guilford, United Kingdom



About
i am twenty-eight years old. i have always loved to read and write from early on, i wrote a lot of poems in the past which i still have now all crammed in a folder. From the age of fifteen i was hou.. more..

Writing
Fantasies Fantasies

A Story by Glen marsh


Tick tock Tick tock

A Story by Glen marsh