Dear Hate

Dear Hate

A Poem by Kevin Cerive
"

In the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting this poem details the vicious intent of hate, and all of the times that we’ve seen it in our lives. I’m sorry that I’m a little late with writing this.

"
Dear Hate,
I saw you on the news today.
You were there standing over the bodies of the 59 victims.
You were there when 49 victims where shot dead in that Orlando nightclub.
You were there when the Twin Towers were pulled from the sky.
You were there that day on the Selma Bridge, and you were there the day that France was was Attacker by terror.
And some days it feels like you’re winning.
Some days it feels like your blackened hands will choke the life out of us.
But love will always win.
Love was there when the Red Cross couldn’t take blood fast enough.
Love was there when equal marriage was finally a right.
Love was there when the first responders dug for days in the ruble to find survivors.
Love was there when civil rights won is fight, and it was there when billions of prayers were sent to Paris.
So Dear Hate,
We’re not afraid. For we have love on our side.

© 2017 Kevin Cerive


Author's Note

Kevin Cerive
Please ignore any grammatical errors, and please note that I drew heavy inspiration from the song of the same name by Maren Morris. I, in no way, was trying to plagiarize her work, I only used it as I guideline to get my emotions across.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on October 12, 2017
Last Updated on October 12, 2017
Tags: Hate, Love, Compassion

Author

Kevin Cerive
Kevin Cerive

Valdosta , GA