Future of the United States

Future of the United States

A Story by Mati
"

This is a purely fictional story based off of current events. A work in progress.

"
In may of 2018 a nuclear bomb is detonated in New York City. The United States government in tandem with major media juggernauts accuse the terrorist organization I.S.I.S as being responsible. In truth the White House with the aid international corporations were ultimetly responsible for the bombing. This event inturn allowed the government to instate a draft to deal with the so called terrorist threat. As well a bill was drafted, the National Defense Emergency Powers Act, NDEPA. It passed unilaterally in Congress without any opposition. Essentially the bill allowed the Military to be used as the primary police force in the country. A few state officials outside of Congress protested but were eventually character assassinated by major media corps.

New York in a state of complete chaos is quarantined and labeled as a Black Zone. The media panders lies of New York's reconstruction and aid for survivors but FEMA has made no efforts. Instead the Federal Government now are focuses on the removal of fire arms as militias in the deep southern states call the NDEPA a violation of the Constitution and smacks of Martial law. Also accusing the act as prohibiting the right of due process. A sweeping bipartisan bill is passed making all firearms illegal. Roderick Vs. The State of Maryland.

A civil war begins to brew within the country, militias become the targets of every intelligence agency. The Roderick Bill divides most the country. The militias however are easily defeated by the military and privately contracted militaries. Some in the western seaboard, Washington and Oregon attempt to secede from the Union but are instead are labeled Black Zones as the states possess some of the few remaining natural resources within the country. The Federal Goverment without the support of the States governments begins to forcibly remove these states occupants. Hundreds of thousands are dragged from their homes and placed in interment camps scattered all across the Midwest.

After the renewal of NDEPA martial law is declared publicly by the Federal government. State power begins to dwindle. With natural resources reaching its last breath Agenda 21 is initiated. Citizens of the United States are forced into rationing. Water, food, and even shelter is handed out by a merit system. Those who stay out of trouble with the law are permitted credits, which in turn allows them access to limited resources.

Meanwhile the super rich elites live lives of comfort nestled away in safe houses across the globe. Millions perish in the civil war and millions more are placed in internment camps. Three years after the first signing of the NDEPA the state and municipal police forces finding their families and friends in virtual prisons begin to rebel against the establishment. Even fractions of the military begin to question the elites motives as even they are discarded. Soon a great host of military personnel and domestic police forces begin to revolt. With their pawns in unorganized revolt the elites are forced to hide in South America, the last vestige of natural resources.

The internment camps occupants are released and begin to storm the District of Columbia. The White House is taken and the remaining government officials flea to South America. But without a centralized government the country's situation continues to destabilize. The American people without the mental and emotional maturity to understand why this had happened quickly fall into a competitive loosely formed confederacy. Borders are formed by resources, race, and religion which many of the factions fight for territorial expansion vigorously. Millions more die from starvation and displacement. The old hates leave the people divided. The rest of world is still left bitter by the United States empire's war on "terror" and view the fallen country as a virtual wasteland and unwilling to help its fragmented citizenry.

This next segment is not based off any current events nor do I believe this would actually occur. But I was enjoying writing so I decided to continue on for fun.

The whole of the countries infrastructure begins to fall into serious disrepair. The Oregon Territories leading a small coalition of other factions form the Oregon Electric Union comprising of last remaining utility service workers, electricians and plumbers. With this newly formed union an effort is made to bring the utilities back to the citizenry of the Oregon Territories.

Other Territories begin to form, the Republic of Texas, and The Great Lakes Confederacy being the two largest. New governing systems began to take shape. The Oregon Territories used a local paradigm for its economy and hoped it would help to establish a purer democracy.

Texas followed the western worlds old republic. A theocracy in practice it had a "state" religion being the blanketed term Christianity. Comprising of Protestants, Anglicans, Catholics, Methodists and Baptists.

© 2015 Mati


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on December 22, 2015
Last Updated on December 22, 2015

Author

Mati
Mati

Eugene, OR



About
I love to read and I love to write. I normally read non-fiction but as of late I have developed a great love for fiction. Particularly the classics. I wanted to write non-fiction more specifically phi.. more..

Writing
Zeus of Olympus Zeus of Olympus

A Story by Mati


The Alchemist The Alchemist

A Story by Mati