The Lost Hunter

The Lost Hunter

A Story by Goden Sunfell
"

an island and two types of hunters.

"

The Lost Hunter

(Writing Prompt)

By Goden Sunfell

 

 

 

 

 

Piercing through the faded green leaves, a black barrel slowly takes aim towards a creature rustling in the bushes 50 meters ahead. A shot is fired! The rustling in the bushes flail faster and more scattered.  A silhouette of the creature stumbles out holding its wound on its arm staggering aimlessly.

It’s a man. A hunter named #$^%$.

 “He has been here the longest.

Survived the longest I should say.

32 months exactly four days ago. He was my favorite, but it is tradition in my family to hunt.

My son *&%, was the one who finally got him.

#$^%$ caused a lot of trouble for my family since we first “invited” him here. I lost two cousins my youngest brother, and my mother… well I killed her but it’s because of him. I’m dying as of this moment, from a blasted hole in my stomach from a shotgun he managed to take from my personal collection. What irony. But unfortunately for him he has finally been tagged my by son, and our traditions will go on for another 200 years. He will be honored like those before him who have lasted and impressed us. Our island will always be here for those hunters who believe they are the best.

I just have one regret. I wish I was the one to get him. He was the most formidable “Lost Hunter” to have come to this island in my 42 years of the hunt.

I wish I could have been there to see his despaired face as he di… Sniff Sniff…

I smell… gasoline! That MAN HAS FILLED MY HOME WITH”…

BOOM!!

A fiery bloom of gorgeous red, yellow, and oranges appears soundless at the manner of The Family from the eyes of an approaching helicopter.

A son is dead from a stab wound through the top of his cranium, probably distracted by the explosion.

#$^%$ limps through the forest, towards the helicopter pad half a mile away from him.

He will no longer be a “Lost Hunter”.

© 2017 Goden Sunfell


Author's Note

Goden Sunfell
a short prompt story I did quickly to try to get into the groove of writing again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on June 3, 2017
Last Updated on June 3, 2017
Tags: short, prompt, the lost hunter, goden

Author

Goden Sunfell
Goden Sunfell

Denver, CO



About
I'm a photographer, YouTuber, writer, and filmmaker i guess? I have no confidence in my ability to do anything and I haven't finished a single story of mine, but I still try to do the things I love I .. more..

Writing
Fallen Fallen

A Chapter by Goden Sunfell