"Si vi Paccem Para Bellum."

"Si vi Paccem Para Bellum."

A Poem by Markus J Coleman
"

I honestly don't know what to call this. It just came to mind. If necessary disregard the type.

"

We've lost the inner sense of reason

Learning what has yet is to become vital

 

Our survival is only necessary as long as time allows,

Breathe alongside us. 

Thus our existence depends on this. 

 

With no cost comes the expense of our restlessness, 

Weary we are as we move along. 

 

But nothing makes sense. 

 

What's the point? If only we could think in order to separate from the norm. 

Constantly the single instance steps outward as we analyze in silence from a distance.

Constantly the many who return from the void yell out at us to fight. As we stand in silence staring.

 

Disconnect, reality is not what it seems.  

 

Speak, for only a brief moment, interrupting an imminent global annihilation. 

 

Turn to reshape yourself, keep moving. 

 

Suddenly, I remember everything, bending the envelope, illuminating my wicked world. 

 

It was I that did this.

 

Given in at last to the inevitable….

Resist and perish. Remain silent, and obey.

 

And so we move along, with nothing to live for. What we will become can never be tampered with.

 

But not until the Hero emerges from underneath commanding all to Rise; speaking bravery into the hearts of the weary.  

 

To those who have been oppressed through the ages, those who have been denied a greater opportunity to affect their worlds for the good of their brethren. 

 

To relinquish silence is bliss, stepping out of your shell that has held you back for so long: Euphoria.

Not fighting until your last breath, but fighting until you are the last one left: Everlasting.

Returning life to the fallen, become the first lineage that lives only to combat Death.

 

How strong is the spirit when one comes to fully understand its immortality?

 

How strong is man, when one comes to fully understand his limits?

 

And they will come to realize, that no matter the restlessness, no matter the sorrow. Nothing will stop them from bringing about the end....

 

There's no such thing as eternal damnation...

© 2014 Markus J Coleman


Author's Note

Markus J Coleman
Hope ya like it. As always happy nitpicking.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on January 18, 2014
Last Updated on January 18, 2014

Author

Markus J Coleman
Markus J Coleman

Bettendorf, IA



About
I've been wanting to bring more of my writing material out into the public for help and critical feedback. In the meantime I've also been thinking of writing a few books. What a good place to start I .. more..

Writing