Into The Unknown

Into The Unknown

A Story by Francis8
"

Ragnyte, the supposed only continent on the world called Asmos. After the invention of ships, it was theorized that other possible continent exist.

"

"Augghhh"

 

I never thought that traveling was quite troublesome.

 

It was 3 months ago when there was an assembly for the Science Community, most scientist theorise that Asmos which is our world only consisted the central continent called Ragnyte. In our world there was a sea called the "The Endless Boundaries", it extends from Ragnyte to the unknown boundaries. Scientist believes that there are no islands situated on the "The Endless Boundaries" up until this current assembly when an eccentric scientist theorise that lower continents exist there.

 

Lower continents are a land smaller than the continent, He theorise that each lower continent have its own culture and understanding. That's why he proposes to travel across the world. His theory was met with negative impression especially the extremist group called "Advent". Advent was a group of scientist who believes that Ragnyte was the one and only land on the world and often believes that they are son of God. 

 

In order to let his plan, succeed, he makes a deal with King of Xingfu. The deal was he's the one who will pay for the expenses while the king would give him the resources needed. The King initially declined but was overcome for his personal greed.

 

"If there was really a lower continent, I could trade them with our petty resources while I can gain a better resource in exchange"

 

That was what his thinking all the time.

 

And how did I know this? It was because my roommate in the cabin which was the scientist who theorise. He made another proposal for the king, if they found an island with great resources he would make a trade route for his own country. The name of the scientist is Jayson Bigass.

 

Starting that day, they started developing the first ship called "SS Mariners". It takes 2 months until the development of the ship finished. It was the help of Jason, who already make the schematic diagram of the ship prior to the development. He uses steam engine technology which was rarely use. It uses a vertical cylinder engine and crosshead transmitting power to a crank driving the paddlewheels.

 

It was design to be lighter so that it has greater speed. It has an average length of 10 to 20 m. It has a capacity of 50 tons. It was design to be a sailing ship which has high maneuverability so that it can be used for exploring the "The Endless Boundaries".

 

In this time, I was in prison for stealing. It was three days before the start of the assembly that I was caught stealing. Why did I steal? Many of you expects it was due to poverty but it was not. I was in the middle class and I am engaging in mercantile business. I steel the King's crown because of boredom. That day after trading for furs and clothes, I should go to an inn and drink some booze. But I was invited by an acquaintance to try stealing inside the castle. I accepted and never regretted what i did. In exchange for being in prison, for the first time of my life I experience excitement.

 

I was in there for 2 months until I was asked by the King of Xingfu to work in the ship in exchange for being in prison for the rest of my life. How did I escape from being executed to live imprisonment to being a utility worker? I f**k the princess. No, seriously speaking, I was the one who help Jayson designing the ship. I forgot to mention that the two of us know each other since birth.

 

And now I'm here in the ship doing menial task. Together with me is Jayson who just keeps on talking about his theories.

 

"Hey Jayson. Can you help me with this? Giving foods to the chickens is quite tiresome, and also you would still benefit by eating some of the chicken later on." 

 

"As you say it's tiresome and that's why I'm not going to help you. How could I the great scientist, the pursuer of the unknown, Jayson Bigass helps you with this meaningless task?"

 

This guy. As you can see Jayson is quite abnormal, he often looked down to others and wouldn't do anything until it interest him. If I'm not your friend, I should punch you now!

 

"Be considerate Jayson. There are many people on the ship and most of them would eat the chickens. Especially tonight, we're going to have a banquet. What would they think that the scientist who created the theory and the one who feed the yummy chicken is the same person? They would praise and it will signify as your one of your achievements"

 

With this bait, I'm sure he would help me. Most of all, the only thing on his mind are achievements and his own personal desires. This is how I manage to control him all those years when we are still young up until now. The keyword is "Achievement" in an instant he hears this word, he would most likely took the bait.

 

"Stop it WoodHands Stailer. Did you thought that all those years I wouldn't notice? It takes 30 years until I notice that everytime you use the word "Achievement" it would benefit only you. I never thought that you would use me the synonym of the word perfect"

 

He posed some sort of what a king should be. He has his chest forward and look straight forward just like a king watching his own army defeating their opponents.

 

Cheh! with this my manipulation of him is not working. I'm gonna tease him for a bit.

 

"How did this great almighty Jayson Bigass realize this now? the supposed genius and prodigy scientist should notice and sooner."

 

I watch him with a pitying eyes in a sense which is closer to mocking.

 

"Shut up! I pretended not to notice at all"

 

I kept watching him. I look at him with a mocking stare. 

 

"Stop watching! Your eyes aren’t even worthy to see the great figure of Jayson Bigass"

 

"Ok. Ok. I'll stop. Please help me Jayson"

 

I answered him in a sincere tone. Without a hint of mockery and deceit. This would be the first time that I asked him in a respect.

 

Noticing that I was serious, He sigh say "Ok".

 

We spend 3 hrs for letting the chicken eat. After we go back to our own cabin and talk about our lives after we graduated from the university.


"I never thought that I would have an acquaintance who was a theft"


"A lot of things happen, and I was bored that day"


"Just like when we're still young. Did you remember when you skip classes just to travel to certain location due to bogus rumour?"


I see, He never change. Just like back then when we talk seriously, he won't use his insane speeches.


"Obviously! That was a hell of adventure! At that ruins so many treasure can be found. But the rumours are completely false"


"Hahaha! That was quite fun to be honest. As I remember, there are four of us there; Jayson Bigass or me, you, Lin Diong, and---"


Who was the fourth person? I totally forgot, Certainly it was a girl who was daughter of a nobility. I think it was ""--- Xenadra Borgusos""


The talk of us look at each other and laugh.


We talk until it was evening.


"Do you what time is it?" 


"According to my great mind and fancy clock, it's already 8:30pm. 30 minutes to go until the banquet would start."


"Are you gonna attend?"


"Obviously. The presence of the Great Monarch Jayson Bigass would shake the whole crowd"


I never thought this person would call himself a monarch. This guy has a serious issues.


"By the way, Are you going to attend?"


He asked me.


"Yes, I need to become a butler for that occasion, they needed an extra staff. And I, as a working prisoner, should be helping them out"


"Good. I am going first in the banquet hall. Remember that you should talk to me."


Ok.ok. Master. Like hell! I would call you that.


"Ok"


"Bye. We would see again at the hall"


He left me alone. Am I lonely? No. Being alone in 30 minutes isn't very long compare to traveling alone for 30 days in the wilderness so that I could trade and make money.

© 2016 Francis8


Author's Note

Francis8
ignore grammar problems or should i say.

English is not my first language.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 2, 2016
Last Updated on February 2, 2016
Tags: adventure, fictional world, traveling

Author

Francis8
Francis8

About
A God. Francis = 7 letters God number = 7 Coincidence? I think not.... more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Francis8


Beginnings Beginnings

A Chapter by Francis8