Life

Life

A Poem by GodzillaGirl101
"

If you are reading this then you are alive. Do not forsake your existence.

"
Life. If you are reading this then you are alive. Your heart beats, your eyes see, and your mind is processing this information. If you care to hear what I am saying then please continue reading this piece of writing. Do you ever wonder to yourself why you are alive? Or question why you were put on this Earth in the first place? If you have, it is not something to be ashamed of. There are certain times in a person's life when life kicks them in the stomach and arrows pierce their skin, and they are tossed into an abyss left to die. Sometimes you do not feel like getting back up, for it would be easier to allow the pits of self-pity and weariness to swallow you and the pain would be over much quicker. But that is not what life is about. This world is an imperfect one, flawed and weak in every way, and life WILL knock you down, chew you up, spit you out. But life does not have the power to destroy you.

Each and every human being was designed for something. Some special purpose that no other being can fulfill. Life is a mission for all of is to discover our purpose, what we are meant for, what we are called to do. How can you look at the beauty this world has to offer and believe it to be a mistake? The birds, the trees, the towering, majestic mountains, the remarkable complexity of a single tiny wildflower...The sweet moments of heroism, charity, compassion, and mercy that the human race expresses, where the goodness of mankind is brought to light and it is reiterated that our species is not a loss, is not hopeless. Goodness will always exist even in the darkest shadows of our times, as every individual is born with unique positive qualities and traits that they can use to overcome evil and contribute to the world. You are not a loss. No human being is without worth, is without the power to make an impact on their environment and change negative circumstances. Whatever your purpose, I can tell you without a shred of doubt that you do in fact have one, and you are gifted with the tools and capabilities to overcome your situations and rise up to become better. Life is your cistomized journey to find your meaning and serve your purpose here on Earth. Your talents, your gifts, they are yours. Your dreams and desires belong to you, and, try as they might, noting and no one can take them away from you. Live, do not merely exist. Your life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all, as the quote so eloquently states. Stand up, tell the bad voices to shut the hell up, and tune into a positive channel. You are what you tell yourself you are, so tell yourself you are unrefined gold, and live to your fullest and become refined. Then you will gleam and be a guiding light for others. Don't throw away what is yours; You're not getting anyting else.

© 2016 GodzillaGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now I know what this is....it was pretty good

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you :) I like to make people feel better about things and enjoy life, so I hope you did enjoy it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I like your positive attitude. You're right, of course. We only get one chance at this thing called life, we better not mess it up with constant negativity.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
3 Reviews
Added on October 3, 2016
Last Updated on October 3, 2016
Tags: meaningful existence, individuality, living, life

Author

GodzillaGirl101
GodzillaGirl101

WA



About
Godzilla is my guy. Mothra is my gal. And writing is my thing I love to do anytime! I am Godzilla's #1 fan, hit me up about the King of the Monsters at my email [email protected] and check out my .. more..

Writing